MakeWebGames

Trying to form a development team.

Sargeantone

Alright all,

I'm intending on creating a game. It will be all custom coded, custom designed. I need a few coders, maybe even designers. I can do designs pretty decently myself. If anyone is interested at all, please, contact me via this site. I can chat using MSN, Skype, and AIM. Any and all questions, you can post here :)

Maybe include a few of your designs? What Genre of game you planning? What Budget do you have? Is the expense going to be shared across the "partners"? What is the planned turn around for this game?

That is just a few questions people will want to know..

I don't have any designs that would go along with how i want the site set up. That's why i'd be willing to pull someone else who has designing skills into it.

Genre: Futuristic/Zombie Outbreaking

Budget: Well, nothing at this moment, as I'm not working; will be though.

Expenses will more than likely be covered by me completely.

Planned turnaround, just a game for people to enjoy playing. Instead of always having that one goal of "training" all the time. I want to bring the idea's that actually make a game completely competitive.

If you want that people join your team, you should motivate them:

- What did you do, and what are your skills (must be something impressing otherwise why should they join?)

- What do they gain by joining?

- What is your project as just saying you will do a zombie game is way not enough, and don't say "it's secret"

I don't plan on releasing the game out til maybe September, later if the coding takes that long.

And to answer bertrand:

- What did you do, and what are your skills?

I'm learning all forms of things dealing with web design.. I can currently do layouts and designs. I can do some javascript, some php (very minor php compared to what's needed for gaming, but that will change).

- What do they gain by joining?

Right now, I'm trying to get the money to start paying for their contributions to the group. Say they make a mod or something, I'll give them money in return for whatever they did.

- What is your project as just saying you will do a zombie game is way not enough, and don't say "it's secret".

I really don't get what you're asking in this question, but I'm also looking to develop the group because i have people who want to learn how to do all the coding and stuff, I need people who are willing to help with just the site, or maybe even dabble into helping the others. Usually they have something in return for attempting to teach them.

- What is your project as just saying you will do a zombie game is way not enough, and don't say "it's secret".

I really don't get what you're asking in this question, but I'm also looking to develop the group because i have people who want to learn how to do all the coding and stuff, I need people who are willing to help with just the site, or maybe even dabble into helping the others. Usually they have something in return for attempting to teach them.

I think a_bertrand is trying to say, can you give more information on the project, rather than just the genre.

Also, good luck with your team :)

My budget for the game right now is extremely low. Because i'm unemployed, as I stated before. I'm gonna be working soon, so i will be able to cover any costs that may occur. And i'll toss in as much money as it may take in order to get the site running properly.

And I can't really explain much about the game as of yet. I have a lot of idea's I'll be putting in for sure. But nothing that's completely definite at this point.

First off I want to start by saying good luck with your project. Also as a_bertrand says if you dont have clear ideas of how you want your game developed then its too early to begin the development process.

If you plan to start this project 100% from scratch it will take a bit longer than 1 year of development unless your a skilled programmer and have many hours each day to work on the project.

Since mccode is very popular and there are many, many games based from there codes I would suggest using/creating something different if you really want your game to be unique.

Im not saying there are any problems with using mccodes( I have two games based from these codes)

Its just not the best if your going for something new and original..

Also a tip, start off simple and build from that.

If you plan things that are too complicated or takes ages to complete, then you may loose interest overtime and ultimately the project will fail.

Another thing is dont overwork yourself...you will get burned out from your project if you work on it too much...it took me a few months of heavy work on my game before I finally had to take a week or so off...lol

This was because it was not as exciting to me as it was when i first started...and I began loosing interest...

So take breaks occasionally :)

Have fun working on your project and best of luck :)

Curt