MakeWebGames

[HELP!]need my game secured!!!

criminal wars

well basically i made a game http://www.gangsta-life.net i just have finished the basic login,register,forgot password pages still under construction but it is not secured so i want it secure an want to know how to do it also i want to know what happen's if it is not secure and how people like hack or what ever they do when a game is not secure so i get an idea also please help me with a code or some thing that i can secure my game ! PLEASE I DONT WANT PEOPLE POSTING STUFF LIKE GO LEARN BLAH BLAH BLAH OR LIKE SAYING OTHER THINGS LIKE I WILL DO IT FOR $150.00! am not telling you to do it for me am telling you to just teach me...

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

I would suggest learning the basics of PHP. It's took me around 4 months to know the basics of PHP. I'm 2 months into Security with PHP and I tell you, I am far from done. I personally suggest for YOUR sake, and your MEMBERS sake to close the game. While your learning PHP and read up something useful for the game, add it in.

This why I strongly disagree with people opening games when there new to Development. Not for there sake. But for the members. Or you could pay Jordan $150 to secure your game, and you can go on collecting free modifications that are "secured" and learn nothing.

Why do I keep seeing php, and php “security” as separate things to learn... They are not so I don't really understand this -

I'm 2 months into Security with PHP and I tell you,

care to explain what kind of “Security” you know? Unless you mean learning new parts of php? since there is allot of it... If that's the case it will take years not months, and it's doubtful anyone will ever master every part of php from memory.

Dot defender will protect your site against known hacking attacks and rules that you set in place. As its not free then I would think your cheapest option would be to pay someone here to do the work for you then your done.

You keep asking for how to test for exploits nobody is going to tell you how you can exploit or hack. If you search the forums you will find information on where to look for exploits.

I can highly recommend Paul, Dominion, Equinox, DJK and Danny who have all shown themselves as having significant knowledge in PHP to be able to do this for you at a reasonable price. As for myself I have very little spare time so my time costs a lot more. Im a business man :D

If you cannot afford to pay anyone then your left to learning yourself. Now if you want to go down that route and I am pretty sure that if you show signs of trying to learn yourself but are still getting it slightly wrong then you will get help.

basically i want my game secured fully so no one can hack any things like that but if no one cares to explain or teach others thats aright but can some like say i pay some one how would you do it and how do you know if it secure or no please can you explain.... :|

In all honesty you can learn this from a good book or even online depending on how you are with sites like php.net... If you have any trouble learning ask questions, and people will (in theory) be happy to help. Care to give us an idea of what you know? Example of functions etc...

@ Dominion:

Not "full on security" but enough to stop some hack I know of Mccodes. I never said nothing about learning security in months, only mentioned that I've been learning for 2 and far away from FULL on PHP security.

meh nice to see people learning.

basically i want my game secured fully so no one can hack any things like that but if no one cares to explain or teach others thats aright but can some like say i pay some one how would you do it and how do you know if it secure or no please can you explain.... :|

In all honesty you can learn this from a good book or even online depending on how you are with sites like php.net... [...]

Problem solved.