MakeWebGames

Known programmers list.

Joshua

I'd almost be willing to conduct a list of known programmers, availability, knowledge base, costs etc and see if we couldn't get a mod to sticky it.

Would eliminate some of the problems, but again, new programmers arise and there are always those who fly off the radar.

I'd almost be willing to conduct a list of known programmers, availability, knowledge base, costs etc and see if we couldn't get a mod to sticky it.

Would eliminate some of the problems, but again, new programmers arise and there are always those who fly off the radar.

To be honest, i think this is a good idea.

You do it I'll sticky it. :pinch:

I think it would be a good idea also.

I'd also add their field of specialty after their name, so it is fair game to everyone. I know a few people that are quite good with programming, BUT they are not good in specific fields.

Most programmers try to educate themselves with most aspects of programming, but with the rate IT is going it is very hard to keep up with everything. Thus why companies have like 20 different programmers. They all do their little bit to the app'.

I think people should rather mail their detailed info to a mod' or someone, and then from the people who sent their names in the person can then sort them and make thread with the names and relevant info. And to the newbs, just because someone does not want to be on the list does not mean they aren't good(there could be many reasons why they don't).

PS. Use newbs everyone, not everybody is a n00b. Read up the definition. N00b is soo last year. :D

If people would use this board for what it's meant to be here for good experiences would be documented as well, however it's more of a flame board at the moment.

As for what you're suggesting why not allow it to help makewebgames in more then one way. People have posted free mods to show what they are able to do for some time so use that as a base for the starting list. There are also people like a_bertrand, and Nickson who well they don't deal with mcc much are two of the most talented programmers on here. So perhaps a standard test for the people doing paid work on mwg? The problem with tests are who will mark them, and/or judge the quality.

Anyway as for a list as suggested it's not necessary all you need to do is use this board when people do work for you. Any list by one member does have the issue of pushing all work towards the members listed, and that's a little unfair to new members, hence why an open test could work better.

Honestly not a good idea, Well the idea is a good one, however no offence but you haven't been around to do such a thing, IF this was going to happen it would have to be someone who has been around along time.

You are welcome to do a blog and such like I did a while back but honestly nothing will be sticked.

No ones been here that long to really judge and really people will take offence to a single persons opinion, time always comes into it also like 6 month ago i think i got an award for wizard coding or something (lol never really payed attention) but i would consider myself a basic programmer with limited skills.

different people have different opinions like for example i think jordan is a newb and josh thinks he's a pro (this is a example remember), where would he go in the listing...

None because no one will pay them to do a job :P since they got no reputation. That's all MWG is about. If you got no reputation you get nothing if you got one you get it all.. No one will higher you since no reputation. You can't build one if you can't get hired it's a catch 22 situation there

I've had a few jobs from MWG doing this, for a lot more than $150

None because no one will pay them to do a job :P since they got no reputation. That's all MWG is about. If you got no reputation you get nothing if you got one you get it all.. No one will higher you since no reputation. You can't build one if you can't get hired it's a catch 22 situation there
There are many ways to get a reputation, As danny has mentioned releasing free mods ect..

Everyone had to start somewhere i've been on here longer than most and i simply released free mods supplied help to many people and voiced my opinions on matters it's quite easy if your not a knob about it and expect immediate reputation.

EQ, josh, Dayo and many more have done similar things and they are rather respected, respect doesn't mean you have to like someone it simply means you respect their insight, opinion or even skills to get the job done.

I'm sure even though im a dick at times people respect me for helping people and offering up my spare time to help with more difficult problems.

Bladewolf i remember you got scammed or something in your early days at MWG (i maybe wrong i really don't remember i've been away for like 4 months) and your still here learning and voicing your opinion im sure some newer members would contact you before even considering talking to a older member (i mean older like on the forum im not being ageist). i am sure they respect your insight alot.

To be honest i'd have to shorten this down to 'respect has to be earned not given';

i hope this helps in even the littlest way, Paul

There are many ways to get a reputation, As danny has mentioned releasing free mods ect..

Or just do as I did, do nothing and two years later wonder why people ask you in times of need. 8o