MakeWebGames

Looking for a programming partner.

Dave

My Company oxyden is starting up another small side project which would require another programmer to be on board to hopefully get the site complete by Christmas. We already have all the graphics and a large amount of the base done (This obviously depends on if we decide to start from a fresh with a brand new shiny engine). The coder will be required to improve the code to make it more efficient and presentable (So a good skill in CSS/HTML is really required), there maybe times when your coding by yourself or alongside me.

No money will be coming out of your project for this project, we already have all the graphics and illustrations and can easily purchase/create more when needed, this is along with hosting and advertisement. It's preferable that the programmer lives in the UK so it's easier for communication but it's not a massive concern if you don't.

The desired skills of the programmer are as follows.

• PHP (At a decent level)
  • jQuery is preferable to get some nice effects
  • CSS/HTML knowledge so all pages fit in-line with the current theme/style
  • Design Skills are also needed to make sure each page looks as good as it can.
  • English (Only language I can speak).
  • UK based would be ideal.

Due to the project being pretty secretive I request that if you're interested in applying please contact me on MSN @ [email protected] here we can discuss what you would want from the project and most importantly what the project is. As I've just stated the programmer will most likely receive a % of the project which will then give them that % of profit (After costs).

Just a quick question, Is oxyden just you?

Oxyden is myself and my illustrator. I'd like to make it clear this is a single project, you wont be involved in anything else to do with Oxyden (Unless we decide that we could use you somewhere else and you were interested).

Why does everyone require design skills :'(

Not graphical design skills. Just so you can know where to put say an input box and a submit button to make sure it fits with the current style and looks good. It's pretty simple to master if everything CSS wise is already in place.

I thought I'd never see the day!

As much as I'd love to help, and work along side Davey. It's me.... Good luck though. :p

Never see the day for what? We're searching for another coder due to the fact it would increase the overall quality of the game and would also drastically decrease the production time.

and yes it's all you ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
Is oxyden a registered company? If so, I may be interested.

Yes we are. Our company number is 07462892 if you'd like to clarify.

I have a great php coding skills but i dont require cash :)

I've not seen your work so I'd need examples before anything could proceed.