MakeWebGames

PrisonLords Layout [Layered PSD] !FREE! + DESIGN TUTORIAL!

Guest George || Oxyden

Guest George || Oxyden

Hello everyone,

I was looking around the web and found a cool game that gave me a big inspiration. I found the game Prison Block and loved their template so much I wanted to make something...kindof similar. At first I was going to make a duplicate but then decided to use some of their ideas for a FREE design I would release to this community. You may download the final product and view it below and if you wish to see a brief tutorial of how I made it, keep scrolling!

prisonsite.png

Download link: http://rapidshare.com/files/419288340/prisonlayout.psd

TUTORIAL: Please use PSD as reference material.

Step 1: Designing the background

thewall.png

For this step I decided to create a prison wall as you can see above. The first step I took was adding the wall texture.

I used a brick wall found on a free textures site and at first it was too light so by creating a black background and putting the transparency of the wall to

40% I was able to create a nice grey dark wall.

walltut.png

Make sure to find a repeatable brick wall!

The next step will be to add a top "cement" block as a ledge. This I used a very simple effect shown below. By creating a rectangle in photoshop, I was able to change the properties to something that resembled a cement ledge:

ledgetut.png

Please refer to the PSD file that you downloaded. Make sure to add a brick like texture of your choice preferable in the category Texture Fill 2.

Then the next step was creating rectangles as rods and the barbwire from a brush package and there you have a wall. The final detail I added was the ground

which is a gradient with noise to represent the bumps in cement.

Step 2: Header and Logo

The header was very easy, I used a gradient stroke in photoshop and added a texture and changed the transparency level to a darker shade.

headertut.png

You make 2 rectangles, one for profile information and the other is for your user bars. The final feature of step 2 was the logo.

I used 2 resources for this, which one was a skull and crossbones and a police badge. By putting them together it created a unique logo idea.

I then used an old wood texture and cut out a plank like shape and made it black and white. By putting 2 together, I was able to place the words:

Prison Lords on them and change the text transparency that is similar to old paint.

Step 3: The Content

The content area contains a navigation bar which was a black shape with brush strokes on the edges and the planks as titles. The main content

which was like the site border, a 1px width border with a texture filling and transparency set lower to make it darker. I used some tape and other graphics to

spice up the template. All this can be customized, changed and done to the designers choice.

There you have it! A very simple tutorial that goes through my steps, I did not make this very long or in detail as there is the PSD you may experiment with.

I do request that under the CC that you may use and modify this to your own liking and game but there must not be any resale or distribution other then free.

Please acknowledge my work and if possible, give reference if you use. Me and Dave will now be focused on our free military game, InfantryX so we will not have any time for much of these free tutorials.

Thanks,

George Oxyden

This template is designed under the Oxyden Studio title and contains images that where created by George Liu. Other images include badges and the skull are copyright to their respectful owners. It is suggested to link back to http://oxyden.net/ if you use this template but is not manditory. This design is copyright, all rights reserved to George. You are not allowed to resell or distribute this template unless it is done free with permission from original designer. You MAY edit and use this template with your sites etc.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest George || Oxyden

Thanks for all the positive feedbacks guys! I really appreciate it. I just thought it would be cool to release something for free as I have not done that for a while now ;)

Guest George || Oxyden

Ya thanks for the complements! I only did this in PSD so thats all I am able to offer but if someone is willing to code it as there are alot of people wishing to have it coded, would be very cool.

Guest George || Oxyden

Thank you Dayo for your help in coding it :) the reward of designing a free template is people using it ;D

and yep, as I mentioned, it looks similar to Prison Block.

• 6 months later...

wowowow :D

:thumbsup: Awesome! Soo Dayo :D did you coded the Layout for Mccodes v2 yet? i really wanne use it ! 8o i love this :love: btw i think im going to change the color of the energy and experience bar (blue and red) and maybe later .. adding up 2 extra bars for "Will" & "Brave" ;) i can't wait..