MakeWebGames

PrisonLords Layout [Layered PSD] !FREE! + DESIGN TUTORIAL!

Guest George || Oxyden

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I will be happy when the one that got time for it could code this up :) i also thought .. why not 4 or 5 bars.. and different colors ;) would be nice.. (Health: Green , EXP: red , energy: blue and like will: yellow and maybe brave: purple ?? (if someone can make these changes in the psd) ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Heck, how much should be offered for free really? Let me just say something :P Money makes the world go round.. Without money you wont get anywhere.. with money you can get anywhere you want.. And if you want something it should really cost.. If you go to the supermarket you cant say, heck you already have a bottle of milk here, why dont give it out for free? They would still charge you..

And just to add it to the thread, i have this PSD fully coded for mccodes with 5 bars.. But i will not give it out.. It takes time to code it and if someone wants to sell the coding for it, they should get the money for it.. Some people live of what they earn coding ;)

Been a while since I been on this forums. I would believe that anyone who codes it should offer it for free if they release it. It does take time to code, but it also took time to design. Back then, things took even longer.

Understand were you are getting at, but just my 2 cents.

As for specifically this template its released under Creative Commons, so please, if anyone does code this, i would request no one makes profit off something that was suppose to help people get started.

The template might be under creative commons, but it doesn't mean that we have to give away the slicing/coding the template for free to people. It is fine that you wanted to give it to the public, but that doesn't mean we "have" to give the coded version of it free. Since they are paying for a different service then the webdesign.

Of course, I understand where you are going at Peter. What I mean to be clear is,

If someone needs it coded for personal use, the programmer can charge, it is service. Nothing wrong with that.

If someone coded it themselves for personal use, they have all right to only keep it for themselves.

But if someone codes it, and offers to sell it coded for a price, a bit different, considering sharing is fine, but as it is released under Creative Commons - Attribution 3.0 Unported,

I have a right to restrict selling coded versions of the template to the public.

This is just to offer a fair chance for people who can't afford a template to be able to use one and build on their skills. People do not start at the top, or start with a lot of money. It is

understandable in my opinion, hence, to my wishes, would recommend the above to be followed.

But it is really up to you, everyone is entitled their own opinions.

When selling it coded they are not selling the design but the work to get it coded, so they do/I would have the right code and then sell it. Not selling the psd, but the coded version. If I was going around trying to sell your psd / design then I would be in the wrong.

Plus it.is fine to help out, but you then get.alot.of people who now have the psd but want it coded and it to be free. So they come bugging to get it done, for free.

If the code has my graphics in it, it would be selling my work. It is much like if I took a design GameSiteTemplates made, coded it and then sold it

I wouldn't want an argument with this, as I really would care less about this. But being helpful for the people who want to learn and the beginners who work as hard as many to

try and make a game and learn while doing so, I would like to see it coded and offered sometime for free.

Not my place to judge though.

i think it sucks that your idea is being sold!!!! Iguess you shouldnt have posted it to try and help people its a dog eat dog world as i just read...I personally believe you should get paid for coding time but i also think without the hard work done on the psd you wouldnt have had a sale so it seems kinda shitty to me but what do i know i am just an average joe!!!