MakeWebGames

Switching ravan to legal mccode

PrimeSuspect

Hello guys

I was using ravan script tht is illegal but i wasnt know its illegal.Now i want to switch my ravan script to legal mccode v2.Before buying mccode v2 i want to ask some questions ;

i dont want to change ravan theme but i want to change codes illegal to legal.So there are some encoded and different files in ravan script tht mccode doesnt have like core.php lfooter.php footer.php etc.So if i buy mccode v2 can i keep on using ravan theme ? And how can i switch my files from ravan to mccode vs2 smootly ?

Seriously. Ravan is exactly mccodes v2 just some file's encrypted and a layout used. If he purchase's MCCode's he won't have to change any file's, since all he is doing is purchasing the licence for the game to be held on his current domain.

And since mafia corruption aint doing anything to stop people using the layout, i suppose his fine until they do start taking action. Which as far as i can tell, has not even started.

Seriously. Ravan is exactly mccodes v2 just some file's encrypted and a layout used. If he purchase's MCCode's he won't have to change any file's, since all he is doing is purchasing the licence for the game to be held on his current domain.

your wrong ok so its mccodes v2 at the base but it has so many mods added to it (free mods) that ravan and v2 can be put side by side and someone that does not know its mccodes would pick ravan as the better "engine" for example ravan you can run crons from smenu something v2 you can not ravan if the installer.php is not taken off will not let you login something mccodes should of done its not much but there a small things like that added to a lot of the base thus for someone who wants the added mods its a lot of work to install them all on a new copy of mccodes v2

So, if i buy mccode's v2 and i have ravan script (Mccodes v2), but i instal mccode's v2 but change some of my file's to the ravan script, i believe im still using mccode's then right? So, since he already has it installed. He doesn't have to change anything since it's now become a legal base code. I did not say the modification's are still legal. But heck, if i wanted i could setup a game from mccode's that will look like ravan without touching their source (Without the paid mod's). So why go through that hassle when he already has it all? And he can now go pay i think it is $75 if you have bought ravan for mccode's v2 licence, and just pay the people for the paid modification's. The free one's you don't even have to worry about since they "Free".

yeah but Mccodes is not copyrighted so either way his script is legal Mccodes non copyright = Ravan being legal so why waste another $85 when really your gonna be paying for a licence that means nothing Mccodes was the stupid ones by not getting it copyrighted or encripted so really he has a real copy of Mccodes over 85% of sites these days are either Ravan or nulled Mccodes and by not buying a licence your not breaking the law in any way but the layout is different story that was originally mafia curruptions layout and it might not be copyrighted but if it is or not i dont think they will give you permissions to use it.

yeah but Mccodes is not copyrighted

yes it is go read up on copyright law...

@hd - i more mean its no longer the same as mccodes i may have quoted to much there but on the layout for example they added a whole new file (the footer) just to encode it lol but ravan is not really the same as v2 anymore its just as crap just has more put into it

yeah but Mccodes is not copyrighted

yes it is go read up on copyright law...

@hd - i more mean its no longer the same as mccodes i may have quoted to much there but on the layout for example they added a whole new file (the footer) just to encode it lol but ravan is not really the same as v2 anymore its just as crap just has more put into it

yh the copyright law only includes sites/script that have been registered you just don't get a copyright by standing around you have to apply for it and i know for a fact mccodes programmers or dbs has never applied for one so this leaves mccodes as a uncopyrighted script it would only have a automatic copyright if it's creator was a english person or was on a .co.uk but i know for a fact again it is not so really instead of making someone pay for a licence that means f**k all you should just let him get on with what he is doing.

P.S Mccodes should be released under the GPL Licence as so many people already have it and just start out fresh with v3 and do the correct thing e.g copyright it

Guest George || Oxyden

Copyright law is automaticly placed upon a creation or development that was made by a person by themselves with an original idea. This does not need any registration but registration could help with people like you urbanmafia. You see, I think that Dabs and CB deserve what they charge cause they DID make it. So please as Dominion said to you, READ UP on your law and stop pretending you know shit :S

Having been through what you are dealing with Prime, . Most of you seem to think that raven is exactly like mccodes, but its not. most of the mods here on MWG wouldn't work with raven even tho I was told that they were the same thing.

The basis Mccodes has for suing Raven is the engine .... basically globals.php and global_funct.php (or whtever they are). Other than that, Raven tweaked almost every part of the files and tons of stupid little stuff so that you couldn't use the mods posted here without some major revamping.

I would suggest getting a free server and buying mccodes, loading it, and keeping your raven script running till you can build the mccodes version to match the raven version for functionality and appearance, then after testing, switch them out. Yall can talk a lt of $hit about mccodes, but raven is worse for customization! Having been there done that, dont waste any more time on raven. But do keep it open and generating income till you can build up your mccodes to match it.

Special for urbanmafia and those which mix between copyrights and patents...

For copyright info, we debated more than enough here:

Copyright Basics

and here:

Copyrights facts

Now... As I'm getting tired of repeating this over and over: stop those kind of discussions specially when you don't have a good background in laws nor even read what it is exactly. Asking is fine, saying stupidities it not.

Wow, I actually have a copy of one of the most recent Raven Engines as well as McCodes recent updates.

Other than a few "file renames" A few false hope security add-ins, and some free mods they no doubt stole from here or other places.

The engines are IDENTICAL

I can say this while I stare at the actual codes.

Wow, I found out raven was illegal and failed to care about or download any "updates" they released. I shared my opinion and experiences and get flamed.

OP asked very simply: "So if i buy mccode v2 can i keep on using ravan theme ? And how can i switch my files from ravan to mccode vs2 smootly ?"

can you keep using the theme, I suppose so but, you still risk action by the original creators.

As far as a smooth switch, refer to my earlier post.

Heaven forbid someone give a strait answer in here? Sorry I forgot to add in my opinion on how to make a clean switch. My profound apologies for encouraging someone new to the forums to avoid the massive "you used raven" bashing that occurs here by recreating the game with clean mccodes. And even more apologies for encouraging a new developer to actually get the files that give proper credit to the creators.

I went through this with you guys, and got zilch for help! So if you just want to flame and bash, STFU till you can add something useful and on topic.

Guest George || Oxyden

I was just resonding accordingly to the posts above me ;)

Provided your country is a signatory of the Berne Convention, any work which meets the standards above is automatically protected. Most modern states, including the US, are signed up to Berne. This means you DO NOT NEED TO REGISTER YOUR WORK! You also do not need to use the © sign or place any notice on your work for it to be protected.

See, I am right lol. Sorry... just had to make that point.

Now if I get back to the original topic, theres no real way you can bring everything to mccodes, if you choose to use the raven theme etc. you can use it without problem I believe, if you buy mccodes v2. I don't recommend this but some people may want to use it. As for encrypted files, footer you can delete and many other files can be replaced with the original mccodes files that you will receive .

Simply this.

Ravan is MCCodes (minor adjustments/free mods), Ravan is illegal, you may use your ravan copy if you buy a MCCodes v2 license ($80 for Ravan customers).

So you have no reason to change anything code wise to become legal (persay) all you need is the MCC V2 license.

The theme is not part of MCCodes, it's a ripped theme of a popular *once MCCodes* game, so I'd advise against using that theme.

I don't have a copy of Ravan at the moment so I cannot tell you if all free mods on MWG will work out the box sort of speak.