MakeWebGames

Price? ETA?

Enuf

I was hoping there would be more in this forum about v3.

whats to say all we really know it there making a new copy of mcc (v3) and its coming soon as it gets near to completion they will tell us

So there making a V3 discussion board, yet not making a V3 :P

Quoted from "dominion"

Quoted from "wolfe"

I was hoping there would be more in this forum about v3.

whats to say all we really know it there making a new copy of mcc (v3) and its coming soon as it gets near to completion they will tell us

So there making a V3 discussion board, yet not making a V3 :P

they are making v3 thats the point in the discussion board duh lol they just have not really said much more then its in development so whats there to talk about?

Well, if it runs out by the end of 2012, It won't concern me. The same systems will be used, and everything will be exactly the same.

All the people who need to allocate a new IP address will have an IPv6 IP, and browsers will adapt to that. Everyone who is currently using IPv4 won't be affected.

Sure, the systems will need to be updated, but this will be the exact same thing as the year 2000 bug - Only idiotic people will suffer.

People like me, who design their systems to adapt won't have anything to worry about.

I have my 3 IPv4 addresses and one IPv6, which is exactly right for me.

Guest Drizzle
Well, if it runs out by the end of 2012, It won't concern me. The same systems will be used, and everything will be exactly the same.

All the people who need to allocate a new IP address will have an IPv6 IP, and browsers will adapt to that. Everyone who is currently using IPv4 won't be affected.

Sure, the systems will need to be updated, but this will be the exact same thing as the year 2000 bug - Only idiotic people will suffer.

People like me, who design their systems to adapt won't have anything to worry about.

I have my 3 IPv4 addresses and one IPv6, which is exactly right for me.

I believe IPv6 adresses work in browsers from the get go. The only thing is i don't think php would log that, that is they might put a feature supporting it in the new PHP 6 thats coming soon

• 3 weeks later...

This forum is mainly here as a placeholder for when more information is revealed about v3.

For now, it can be used for any queries you may have at this time - keep in mind there are a lot of queries which we will not be able to answer, or be unable to answer completely.

The price is yet to be considered, the ETA being sometime in 2011.

I got to say i appreciate the work of mccodes, i wouldn't want to use it in a new project but i like what mccodes has done to the game industry....

But seriously a 2011 release date is stupid, I couldn't think of what you could do to the damn project for it to take more than 6 months. And whilst am 'flaming' WTF up with the inactivity from the new owners, OK i wasn't the best owner of CE but I still tried mybest, what i've seen so far is new boards and rearrangment of the old boards.

Serious what should we see from MCCODES?

Note: 'Just my 2 cents'

Shedh

I got to say i appreciate the work of mccodes, i wouldn't want to use it in a new project but i like what mccodes has done to the game industry....

But seriously a 2011 release date is stupid, I couldn't think of what you could do to the damn project for it to take more than 6 months. And whilst am 'flaming' WTF up with the inactivity from the new owners, OK i wasn't the best owner of CE but I still tried mybest, what i've seen so far is new boards and rearrangment of the old boards.

Serious what should we see from MCCODES?

Note: 'Just my 2 cents'

Shedh

A 2011 release date is far from stupid, as there are plenty of steps that need to be gone through thoroughly in order to make sure we deliver a quality product and not simply an extension to v1/v2.

These include:

• The development (which itself will probably take ~6 months as this is far from a full-time job)
  • Having a skin made and integrating it properly while still allowing for maximum customization.
  • A first go-over for bugs & security issues before beta testing.
  • Beta testing, first private and then possibly public, with associated updates / fix releases as appropriate.
  • Final quality check.

After all of those have been completed [and possibly more I'm forgetting at this time] the product can be released. Seeing as we aren't anywhere near finishing the first one yet, 2011 is our goal.

With regards to moderator/admin inactivity, ColdBlooded and myself are the only new staff at this time. While I will admit to personally being quite inactive, ColdBlooded has made quite a few posts since the purchase and attempts to keep in touch with our community on a regular basis.

If there is any other feedback relating to the way the forum is run, please take it elsewhere as it's growing a bit off topic here. Further discussion and inquiries regarding MCCode v3 are welcomed.

EDIT: Offtopic posts r/e management inactivity have been moved to the "Feedback and Site Support" forum. Please keep those posts in the correct area.

• 2 months later...

having a MCC write a C++ to support 3d and selling the base code for it would be sweet for sure . However, im confident that people already do that, and it should probably be better left to "the experts". ID rather see MCC improve what they already know and are basically the industry leaders for. Besides, I design in 3d, I don't want my hobbies to be 3d too. Talk about taking your work home with you.

• 2 months later...

Yeah, seeing as we don't even really have 2D graphics in the engine (besides layout) I don't think 3D is a possibility any time soon. =P

Progress on the v3 engine has been extremely slow over the last few months (since my last post in this topic) but we should have something to show (be it feature presentations/screenshots/whatever) in the next couple of months.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...