MakeWebGames

[EDUCATION MOD] Totally Re-worked with many additional Options.

Uridium

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

its odd...when i add the bit to global_func I get a white page on any file i try to access on my site, and if i take that function back out, I can access it, except schooling, i get a white page on that no matter what.

On staff_courses.php I was getting a white page so I replaced "http:// with ' and replaced " target="_blank" with ' as well, i dont know why but sometimes that will cause a file to work that wouldnt work, and it did with staff_courses.php but not with schooling..so in short, the schooling.php and global_func i cannot get to work. I know I'm new at this and its probably something simple lol.

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure if anyone else has had this problem at all but I keep getting this error on the schooling.php page

Fatal error: Call to a member function query() on a non-object in /home2/beyondle/public_html/schooling.php on line 271

which is this line

$times=$db->query("SELECT lastcourse FROM schoolhomework WHERE userid=$userid AND lastcourse='{$coud['course']}'");

I have done everything that was required by the creator of this mod to run it but since I'm using LITE I have to alter certain parts of the scripts such as the hyper links and set globals.php and sglobals.php to global_func.php

Other then that I have not made any other alterations.

Can anyone help me figure out why I'm getting this error and how to correct it?

Edit: It turns out that my site didn't like some of the $db-> queries that was being used, I had to convert them to mysql queries.

Edited by twison

• 5 weeks later...

I'm having an issue, which is an error on this line:

You're unable to view this code.

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

The error: QUERY ERROR: Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

Query was INSERT INTO schoolhomework VALUES(1,4, crtimes=crtimes+1)

It isnt counting lastcourse in that so i get an error, but when i add lastcourse to it, it takes the error away, but it inserts into schoolhomework 11 times so it credits the user 11 times when finishing a course lol.

But only stats..... the money, crystals and items are crediting correctly.

IF i were to leave it so that the error shows up upon completion, then it actually credits like it should, just have the error, but if i add in any value for lastcourse, it does the multiple crediting.

Edited by Smokey

Overall nice mod, my users seem to enjoy it, though i changed a few things, users can use so many clicks per hour, i took out the daily limit, and upon completion of some give special items that can be combined to make special weapons, thanks to a combine mod i got from here. here is a small addon i made if anyone wants it, it is a guide to show users exactly what they're getting when they complete a course and the costs. Though as you see you'll have to change some things as its made for my game.

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

It's not much but then I'm not a qualified coder...yet :P

Edited by Smokey

• 3 weeks later...
I did rebuild this to do this a lot more you can see the new version in action at http://www.magical-myth.com under Academy

Hey illusions,

I'm actually trying to do something similar to what you have there, having basic education and then an academy separate, but for a donator only feature. I have the staff side of it working but schooling.php and edureset.php are a no go. I guess it was made as a replacement for regular education and so trying to combine it has clashed. I changed all the table prefixes in the database to be separate and changed all the corresponding parts in the codes. Been messing around with the schooling.php and edureset.php for a bit now and can't seem to get either pages to even load let alone getting an error. I know it can't be that difficult, considering this is how I made the staff codes all work, but for some reason I'm missing something here. Anyway you could shoot me yours? Or perhaps have a look over mine? Whichever you feel will be easier. I would appreciate your help here, this is definitely a mod worth using. :)

Too be honest I made this ages ago and cant really remember what I amended or added I dont currently have a backup either due to a Hard drive crash which i lost ALL of my work. The only exsisting work i have is what is on magical-myth.com but that is a paid mod....

Ok well I have it basically all the way done, there's just something I must be missing in the schooling.php and the edureset.php. The pages are just not loading, the staff side is fine, have the separate database for courses, everythings good. Just the display of those 2 pages. Would you mind taking a quick look for me? I'm thinking I'm just missing one little thing, just been staring at it for hours and can't think of anything else.

• 1 year later...

Fixed Just thought I would let everyone know that its fixed now :D

schooling.php

staff_courses.php

:) thanks in advance for the plus ones :D

• Like 1

Nicely done.

For those of us who don't like the error_log filling up:

Add:

above (line 7):

Add:

above (line 106):

Change (line 210):

to:

There are multiple other things that may throw errors, but you can tackle those yourself ;)

Great mod illusions, nicely done :)

Edited by Magictallguy
[hr] BBCode was reomved? :O

• 1 month later...

i was working on it but got sidetracked lol however the updated codes are posted just before your post bennyh

i've added the stuff MTG suggested aswell... here they are

staff_courses.php

schooling.php

Edited by AnonymousUser
updated the code as requested by mtg