MakeWebGames

[EDUCATION MOD] Totally Re-worked with many additional Options.

Uridium

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those wanting something different for Gangs why not use the same method for education so gangs can learn new things aswell You could use the education system to Help Gangs gain REP, extra cash, Update gang size and possibly more. Im not going to code this cos you could really just adjust the Education mod to make it work the same way.

Just a thought

• 2 weeks later...

Help please :S

SQL query:

ALTER users ADD cpercent DECIMAL( 4, 1 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0.0;

MySQL said:

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'users ADD cpercent decimal(4,1) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0.0' at line 1

Guest Drizzle

By "Runs on Clicks, not crons" you mean? Like, users have to click over and over to finish? Or throughout the game, it counts the clicks on all pages? Jus wonderin :P good mod

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Thanks for this mod....Lol I have learned tons from it. It truly has added a new perspective to my "Pirate game" schema.

I have whats a very noobish question but I wanna ask so maybe I can understand in the future.

I have added most of this,but when i got to what was noted as edits to header.php

div.grey_info{

border:1px #999999 solid;

width:80%;

margin:

auto;

background:#a1a1a1

}

div.outcome_info{

border:1px #ffffff solid;

margin:

auto;

background:#D1D1D1

}

Seems as if just anywhere in the body with the rest of the css would have sufficed, yet it gave me a white screen.

remove it and all is better. Is it monorail that the bit should have been added,or am I just placing it in the wrong place?

Steve, you have probably got a white screen because of the bold lines...

div.grey_info{

margin:auto;

background:#a1a1a1 - needs a ; at the end.

}

div.outcome_info{

margin: auto;

background:#D1D1D1 - needs a ; at the end

}

Steve, you have probably got a white screen because of the bold lines...

div.grey_info{

margin:auto;

background:#a1a1a1 - needs a ; at the end.

}

div.outcome_info{

margin: auto;

background:#D1D1D1 - needs a ; at the end

}

Actually the last attribute doesn't need a semi-colon but it's best practice to do so.

Try and see if you are placing them between style tags, best of placing it just under your css for body { }, just to be sure it's in the correct place. :)

Also space things out;

You're unable to view this code.

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

Thank you both very much, that fixed it. I should have stopped last night when I started "glazing" over staring at it.

Thanks to the whole community, I dont generally have a need to post as most answers are already out there with a bit of effort looking around. I could never place a value on the things I have learned from this awesome site.

A huge thanks to everyone!! :thumbsup:

Thanks for making it :)

I like the concept of it as it actually encourages people to be active. you can not simply log in once, then come back after it completes and restart another. Without staying active you simply can not complete a course :D

I am going back through everything. Problem I seem to have now is adding a new course through the admin panel. After filling everything in, and click create course it refreshes and empties all of the fields but never makes the course.

Anyone happen to know what I may have done wrong? ?(

I thought maybe you could not leave any of the fields blank but that was not it either.

addcourse.png

Above shows how to add a course

addcourseaccepted.png

Above shows accepted addition

editcourse.png

Above shows Editing a Course

editsuccess.png

And finally the Succes message...

All Courses can be deleted but make sure users are not taking that course at the time...

USERS VIEW

coursestotake.png

List of Available course

coursetaken.png

When user starts their course

coursecompleted.png

And the final outcome after the completion.