MakeWebGames

Armory v2 [$10]

Cronus

Could you please stop now so my thread can get back on-topic.

Edit:

I was incorrect, the first bug you pointed out had been fixed but the second one had not, thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Everyone who has purchased can now re-download the mod from "My Mods" and has been sent a pm containing the instructions on how to fix.

It is a very simple bug to fix(takes the editing of a single char lol). Simply overlooked when i first created as I believe I only had just enough crystals at all times when purchasing, so I wouldn't have noticed the bug :pinch:

Zero-Affect:

Obviously I can code, thats why hundreds upon hundreds of mccode developers use my various codes in one way or another.

I simply overlooked a single char here and there, not exactly enough to claim I don't know how to code.

Everyone makes mistakes, any programmer will tell you this, we've all run into problems similar and I have fixed the bugs in a timely fashion once reported to me.

As for my style and the accusation that this is v1 turned into v2:

Where would I have gotten all of this code from if it was already created in v1?

This mod is clearly not my v1 mod converted, as any coder who compared them side by side could tell, as I now code almost completely different than I used to.

This mod also works completely different than the original armory so its quite apparent you are wrong here.

My style is nothing I would call "sloppy", I simply plug everything into functions so that an entire mod can be on one page and still run quickly.

If you are referring to my style as in html tables and such, yes, it is very ugly and meant to be. Purchasers of my mods all have different game colors/styles and will inevitably change whatever the page looks like anyways. I have no possible way of knowing what their games style is so keeping it plain makes it simpler for them to edit to their liking. I suggest no one to keep the style the same when releasing to the public as it is not attractive to the eye haha).

Now please, stop trolling on my posts and lets get this thread back on topic.

Zero-Affect:

Obviously I can code, thats why hundreds upon hundreds of mccode developers use my various codes in one way or another.

I simply overlooked a single char here and there, not exactly enough to claim I don't know how to code.

Everyone makes mistakes, any programmer will tell you this, we've all run into problems similar and I have fixed the bugs in a timely fashion once reported to me.

With the right love the code could be i admit phenomenal, The statement above you're bragging, So your saying you've sold hundreds of copies of mods to MC users, How many where exploitable versions and you couldn't contact the people. DON'T tell me you have HUNDREDS of CUSTOMERS on your MSN.

I believe a better solution is to spend more time updating your modifications rather than just trying to make a quick buck, MC games get hacked maybe what 80% of them?

We should be checking our code rather than selling faulty goods, I have never and will never buy another mod from anyone because i only trust myself, then i can only blame myself.

Imagine this some coder 'buys' your mod for a 'Newbs' website, he's paid to install that mod (once), they won't be getting the updated version...

Also consider this, not everyone reads the (i will install for 5 bucks) comment either.

My assumption of the V1 code:

$thg=mysql_query("SELECT * FROM inventory WHERE inv_itemid=$itemid AND inv_userid=$userid",$c);

Anything point out to you there which would make someone believe its v1 converted?

By the way i dont actually have a personal issue with you i just think if people pay for code they deserve atleast a minimum standard and by looking at the mod you cannot say you have put your maximum effort into it. Im sure if other Coders were to review the code then they would agree with me.

Everyone who purchases from Cronwerks gets notified if there is a bug in their mod and and update was made, EVERYONE.

And i do actually have hundreds of customers on msn, almost everyone adds me after a while.

Clearly I do update my mods as I have been constantly in this thread, and in threads of other mods as well.

These bugs were simple typos that anyone can make, and you seem to think that justifies an argument about my coding skills.

You're wrong, plain and simple.

The fact that you "have never and will never buy another mod from anyone because you only trust yourself, then you can only blame yourself" only further shows that perhaps you shouldn't be in this thread. This thread is for selling my modification that I have made, from scratch, using my time. You are wasting my time by throwing accusations that are all simply untrue. My users receive very good support and the mods DO work, and I have a support system just to make sure of that. Tons of people use these mods and are very happy with them, and are having no issues.

I am no longer going to respond to your posts, I would like to get this back to being my sales thread, thanks.

p.s.

Nothing about your query looks v1, that's how all php is. That query would run on any website whose database connection was $c.

Ok so only customers yes?

I would like to purchase the modification but i before i make a decision i would like to ask you a few questions.

1. If i spot a typo and/or error will you fix it?
  2. If i spent $300 a hour on security for my game then get hacked through your modification will you come and reset everything on my game or would i be allowed to claim for the loss of earnings?
  3. Do you offer a money back guarantee?
  4. Does your install file make sense even to the noobiest of customers?
  5. Would a customer with limited understanding of PHP/MySQL need to add anything difficult to get the modification working.
  6. In support do you offer any free services ie: name changes, variable changes and so on?
  7. What are the TOS/TOU/T&C of your support?
  8. How long did this modification take to make?
  9. How long do you take to reply via Support on average?
  10. Do you rectify large issues with your modifications even if it means recoding the entire modification or do you have a limited ie: 300 line limit?

PS: Please answer all questions as a potential customer i believe them to be valid

Thanks for your precious time :D

I've purchased a few mods from cronwerks and im quite happy about the code i received. I made some adjustments and i assume any decent game owner will have need to have adjustments made to fit their game. If i recall this is a sale thread, not a bash the coder thread. Potential buyers do not need to be seeing this crap on any sale thread. This is part of the reason i would never offer any of our mods here just because some people really are disrespectful.

I've purchased a few mods from cronwerks and im quite happy about the code i received. I made some adjustments and i assume any decent game owner will have need to have adjustments made to fit their game. If i recall this is a sale thread, not a bash the coder thread. Potential buyers do not need to be seeing this crap on any sale thread. This is part of the reason i would never offer any of our mods here just because some people really are disrespectful.
If you read my previous post i recall stating i wanted to buy the modification on the answer of some questions, if i ask questions before i buy something then that is my right, if you don't then your just another sheep:)

If you liked the mod then your happy, i didn't therefore i am not happy.

remind me Cronus is:

echo "text here!";
$h->endpage();
die("");

good?

Cronus i've recently installed your mod on a website and noticed that it's got more holes than fishnet tights, Seriously you call yourself a professional coder, I would personally advice no one to buy mods created/edited by Cronus due to them being the most unrealistic POS ever created.

Don't give up your day job.

Will Potion x-999 -999 Available
Wow when looking over the code i've had to input DB SELECT's and wtf is your issue with * i mean it's everywhere...

my little brother could do better than this and he's got ADHD and dyslexic...

I was referring to posts you have made like this. Asking questions is fine. Bashing people in sale threads is in bad taste.

I'm not taking anyone's side's here however, There was issues with cronus mods. Were all fully aware of it. However given a few days to read over the code it gets sorted. Everyone makes mistakes it's part off coding, The main thing is he's learning from his mistakes.. which I can say he defiantly is.

I don't think it's our job to slander him. I think it is our job to make him aware off the bugs we've seen and then let him fix them.

I'd defiantly recommend this as an investment if you cannot make your own for any reason

I'm only posting once. Only reason is

Everyone makes mistakes.

That is very true. But when making and selling a mod. There is "No" room for mistakes. You "Will" screw a game if you don't check everything at least 20 times...

Not bashing Cronus. nor taking sides. Just stating..that a mod should never be release with a bug... I know some come through and need alot of people reading it, and using it before you will find it. But if 90% of your mods do this... Somehting is odd there...

I'm out. Don't worry Cronus this is my only post on this. I will not post back on it. It is not a personal attack at you either..

But I do say this on Cronus side. Look at the price. you get what you paid for. It is a $10 mod... If you buy a $10 and not expect a lot of bugs something is wrong with you to lol. For $10 you can bank on there being a few dozen holes in it..Cause come on it's only $10..

I'm only posting once. Only reason is

Everyone makes mistakes.

That is very true. But when making and selling a mod. There is "No" room for mistakes. You "Will" screw a game if you don't check everything at least 20 times...

Not bashing Cronus. nor taking sides. Just stating..that a mod should never be release with a bug... I know some come through and need alot of people reading it, and using it before you will find it. But if 90% of your mods do this... Somehting is odd there...

I'm out. Don't worry Cronus this is my only post on this. I will not post back on it. It is not a personal attack at you either..

But I do say this on Cronus side. Look at the price. you get what you paid for. It is a $10 mod... If you buy a $10 and not expect a lot of bugs something is wrong with you to lol. For $10 you can bank on there being a few dozen holes in it..Cause come on it's only $10..

That's true, But I think the most important thing about it all is that Cronus finds and fixes the bugs. Within a few days He'd had these sorted out, Maybe they were not supposed to be there, However they were and they were corrected without there being any reports of hacks and such :)

I don't believe you can write software without introducing bugs, and even if you check 20 or more times, there will be still bugs. Specially if the code is not like 100 lines but more like a few 1000 or more. So releasing with bugs is nothing wrong (specially as most of the time you cannot find true beta testers), what counts is that the bug fixes comes as fast as bugs are released.

Any code you buy or find you should also install on a test game or test situation to run thru it yourself (and with testers if you have them) this wont guarantee that you wont find every possible bug but it will help. For the price and the work cronus does i feel his code and prices are a great deal.

• 4 weeks later...

For the prices Cronus charges, you should consider yourself lucky he supports them as he does.

If I had written this mod, I would have spent quite a bit of time testing it, so that any typo's that caused errors would be easily found. The only bugs left would be purely logic bugs, and even with that there shouldn't be too many after that much testing.

But the difference is that I include that testing in the price, and would have sold the mod for 5 times the price Cronus is selling it for.

Cronus codes well enough, releases his mod for an un-godly low price, and then fixes any bugs that pop up. What more could you want, really?

If you think there may be bugs in that mod you just purchased from him for $10, shell out another $40 to somebody to ensure the mod is secure and has no bugs - you'd still just be paying what the mod is worth.

• 1 year later...

whilst i like cronus's work i did find a few flaws on this script mainly the lending of items i couldnt understand how this >>>

at 60 lines long..

if($gangdata['gangPRESIDENT']==$userid  && $i['armoryLENT']==0)
{
print " [<a href='ganggive.php?ID={$i['itmid']}&ITEMID={$i['armoryID']}'>Give To 

Member</a>]";
}
if($gangdata['gangVICEPRES']==$userid  && $i['armoryLENT']==0)
{
print " [<a href='ganggive.php?ID={$i['itmid']}&ITEMID={$i['armoryID']}'>Give To 

Member</a>]";
}
if($gangdata['gangPRESIDENT']==$userid && $i['itmtypeid']==3 && $i['armoryLENT']==0)
{
print" [<a href='lenditem.php?ID={$i['itmid']}&ITEMID={$i['armoryID']}'>Lend To 

Member</a>]";
}
if($gangdata['gangPRESIDENT']==$userid && $i['itmtypeid']==4 && $i['armoryLENT']==0)
{

Member</a>]";
}
if($gangdata['gangPRESIDENT']==$userid && $i['itmtypeid']==6 && $i['armoryLENT']==0)
{

Member</a>]";
}
if($gangdata['gangPRESIDENT']==$userid && $i['itmtypeid']==7 && $i['armoryLENT']==0)
{

Member</a>]";
}
if($gangdata['gangVICEPRES']==$userid && $i['itmtypeid']==3 && $i['armoryLENT']==0)
{

Member</a>]";
}
if($gangdata['gangVICEPRES']==$userid && $i['itmtypeid']==4 && $i['armoryLENT']==0)
{

Member</a>]";
}
if($gangdata['gangVICEPRES']==$userid && $i['itmtypeid']==6 && $i['armoryLENT']==0)
{

Member</a>]";
}
if($gangdata['gangVICEPRES']==$userid && $i['itmtypeid']==7 && $i['armoryLENT']==0)
{

Member</a>]";
}

couldnt have just been like this at 8 lines doing the same job as the above..

if($gangdata['gangPRESIDENT']==$userid || $gangdata['gangVICEPRES']==$userid  && $i['armoryLENT']==0)
{
print " [<a href='ganggive.php?ID={$i['itmid']}&ITEMID={$i['armoryID']}'>Give To Member</a>]";
}
if($gangdata['gangPRESIDENT']==$userid || $gangdata['gangVICEPRES']==$userid && $i['itmtypeid']==3 OR 4 OR 5 OR 6 OR 7 && $i['armoryLENT']==0)
{
print" [<a href='lenditem.php?ID={$i['itmid']}&ITEMID={$i['armoryID']}'>Lend To Member</a>]";
}

Also for those using the Quantify items you'll find this script doesnt take the item back from the user..... this is due to the recall.php using an insert and as soon as a user Quantifies thier items the script can no longer grab the ID of the item loaned...

so heres a fix..

change

mysql_query("DELETE FROM inventory WHERE inv_itemid={$_GET['ITEMID']} AND inv_userid={$user['userid']} LIMIT 1;",$c);

to

mysql_query("UPDATE inventory SET inv_qty=inv_qty-1 WHERE inv_itemid={$_GET['ITEMID']} AND inv_userid={$user['userid']} LIMIT 1;",$c);