MakeWebGames

UseBB Intergration = more secure

Dayo

Hiya i have just found useBB this (i think) is perfect (secure) forum software for mccodes, its simple and light weight, i am willing not only to intergrate it with your mccodes (so they run off the same DB, login, register etc..) it will have a near/exact match to your mccodes template!!! so you dont have to fork out for another custom template. i will change the login/register to cookie based not session based (BUT i can still keep the $_SESSION varable if you want!)

i will be making a demo site with the usebb package installed to show you what i mean.

NOTE: All your users WONT have to re-register for your forums downtime is kept to a minimum as i do all the work on my home server and will test it there i will then upload it to your server

BTW this is my 1st post on Make Web Games but i was an active user on CE

Price on this varies but start from $50 USD

(this will usuly take a days work to do (if that)) :thumbsup:

here is a scren shot of the work i am doing on my own (non-mccode) RPG

INGAME

screenienoforum.png

FORUM

screenief.png

please note i have yet to change the blue bar to grey but you will have custom images made to suit your theme

Guest georgelink

I still like my SMF Bridge. It's much better. But if you can find a IPBoard Integration, then count me in!

And, UseBB isn't hard to set up...

It's not rocket science. Personally i would not pay 50$ for a phpBB (usebb) forum in my game

I personally use useBB for my own game, however a few words of warning:

I doesn't have all the features you may find on bigger forums, no attachement, no polls, no access control per forum etc...

For my own needs it's ok, but for some other people it may not be enough

They will soon though.. :)

Features missing from UseBB

The following features were deliberately not implemented in the light UseBB 1.0 forum solution. However, some of these features are planned for UseBB 2.

* Attachments

* Polls

* Private messages

* Subforums

* User groups

SMF

Looking at SMF i should be able to intergrate the table struture as well as that the login sessions/cookies will be kept the same (so you only have to login/register once) BUT as in usebb i will not make a custom template for SMF but there are great free ones out there

I can also do the same as SMF with VBulletin - V3.8.4 (IF YOU GET A FREE SKIN I WILL ALTER IT FOR YOUR NEEDS)

any questions PM me (price foir the two above are $50 as stated with the useBB)

funny about the ton of complaints about the price, a bridge is relative simple to make yet majority isn't able to look beyond mccode ... so they never get a bridge for a decent forum engine.

Personally I find the pricetag fair, yet I would have worked the other way around the custom templating would be the big price tag not the bridge itself.

SERVICE UPDATE

Price is $35USD for the intergration of UseBB, this includes

1. The gang forums (NEW!)
  2. Custom template - looks like your mccodes template
  3. DB intergration
  4. Login/Register intergration
  5. Mccodes Runs from cookies Not Sessions
  6. Mccodes v2
  7. Little downtime (as work is done on my home server then uploaded to yours)
  8. UseBB structure edited to fit your personal liking (NEW!)

I will also take on any other open source forum software intergration for a price tag of $25usd

PLEASE NOTE: This includes (3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and possably 1)

• 3 weeks later...