MakeWebGames

[mccode] Instant Messenger for Your Game! [$50.00]

Poldar

Hello all. I have been working on this project for a while now, and I didnt really expect to make this for games but then I thought I would try to make some money off of my work.

The package would include:

All PHP, HTML, C++ scripts you would need to set up the instant messenger. Comes with 14 files in all. All files are customizable to make it your own.

Instructions on how to set up your instant messenger.

Now there is a flaw for the instant messenger..the messages aren't that secure, and neither are the file transfers.

Now if you are interested, please pm me, or you can IM me at [email protected]

I use the MSN instant messenger.

The package costs $50.00 USD. Thanks much.

PS:

Users of your game do NOT need to have an email address with your game. Only a screen name.

Re: Instant Messenger for Your Game!

Screenies aren't really available because it all depends on the style of your game. You could make it a social one with different colors, and anything. Truly is only a Instant Messenger. But can be tied with the users of your game. Simple and easy to set up. Like I said screenies aren't really available. And this IM is truly a un-neccessary luxury. But it is a luxury in itself. Still on sale for $50. Please add me at [email protected]

*sigs* rip off from hell i have seen this before for FREE!!!!!!...i even had it once before but i dont like it pointless why would they wanna use it if thy ehave a msn on there pc and more so yeah its free *google* will tell you

Guest Anonymous

*sigs* rip off from hell i have seen this before for FREE!!!!!!...i even had it once before but i dont like it pointless why would they wanna use it if thy ehave a msn on there pc and more so yeah its free *google* will tell you

Have you seen this one the guy has made? if not, you shouldn't accuse him of it being a rip off. Time will tell a guess, if/when he gets one setup. Though personally i wouldn't buy it since as you said your self it could be very insecure and i wouldn't risk it.

Hi there Poldar. If you could possibly implement this IM on a game somewhere so potential customers can see it, it'd increase your chances of receiving buyers. Also, as you are new, and as we have had a few newbies who scam, cheat etc, it'd be great of you could post/link us to a game or some of your work. (I'm not accusing you but it could be that you're scamming people. It'd be safer if you had some other things to show us.)

The reason I also requested screenshots, is not because I want them, but it allows the buyers to see whether what they're receiveing is worth $50. At present, it seems as if it is not worth that amount, especially since you admitted that it is insecure.

A question I would like to know, and I'm sure others would too, is why post something for $50 (not that cheap) that is insecure?

Finally, I would like to say good luck with sales, and I like the IM idea :).

Regards,

Akash

Thanks for the advice Akashs, I will do so. And for all who think that I am a rip off person, I am sorry you feel that way. I worked pretty hard on this, and I understand some of you guys wont buy it as it is not perfectly secure. I will make a game, which implements my IM. And no sir, there is not a single IM script out there that is free. Please point me in that direction if there is. Sorry if I had cause any disturbances or anything. I will bring up some screen shots, and ect when I have time. Thanks all for viewing.

Guest Anonymous

And no sir, there is not a single IM script out there that is free

JFGI

Most IM systems are free - source is available in a variety of languages for each and every protocol including the so-called "big" ones - M$N, Yaboo! etc.

Yes, but I coded my IM so that you can customize it with your game preferences. Simple and easy, an instruction manual. No game has this..yet. And I will be posting some screen shots here soon.

no you found a open source im script and tweaked it

I'm thinking this too, though i do not have evidence, my reason...

Thats the thing. I can't do this type of thing. And I Could use a lot of help

Thanks guys

Reference: http://criminalexistence.com/ceforums/i ... ic=23429.0

Poldar, in the topic linked above, you claimed you could not do this sort of thing?

As in fixing what seemed to be a pretty simple php error?

You managed to create this pretty complex IM mod using PHP / C++.

But... Could not fix a simple error? I'm sure you came across much more complex errors in the process of creating this mod.

We are looking for skilled php programmers looking to earn a small wage for fixing up the game and what not.

Reference: http://criminalexistence.com/ceforums/i ... ic=23520.0

Why would you need a php programmer?

Also, I've messaged you with something else that could back up this point, I haven't said here for security reasons.

Apologizes in advance if I'm wrong, but this is just how i see it...

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Re: [mccode] Instant Messenger for Your Game! [$50.00]

I have started a project like this. price will remain 50$. Screenies:

Buddy List:

buddy_list.JPG

Instant Message:

new-im-window.JPG

Note #1: Messenger will only run on windows. You do not need to host the messenger as I will also be hosting every clients messenger for 12 months.

Note #2: If you would like the messenger to work off your database for buddy list, and login details. I would need your mySQL database info so I can connect to it from the messenger server.

Note #3: Smilies and Login screen with your logo can be costumized to your liking.

So your selling an IM? That we all already have some that work....Yahoo, MSN...Obviously you have to install this on your computer??? Cause you said it only runs on Windows..so if wont run on *unix one would assume that its an exe file..

Now also...

"You do not need to host the messenger as I will also be hosting every clients messenger for 12 months."

...........What............I thought you was selling a script here...why would anyone give you 50 bucks for something they wont get.....

"If you would like the messenger to work off your database for buddy list, and login details. I would need your mySQL database info so I can connect to it from the messenger server."

LMFAO yeah right.....if they give you that they are morons.

With all that said. This seems pointless to me. And like a scam I'm probarly wrong. But the way your going about it seems like it...

oh....free IMs...........yahoo, msn, pidgin, aim, trillian, etc....

free IM scripts.........Here , Also here, I'm not going to list alot....but everyone gets my point.

does yahoo, msn, aim work off your user database? I doubt it. this is a realtime messenger like those with your logo on login screen. I found a work-a-round where I dont need to access your database. I'll give you the server for where people connect to it but thats more fee's for you as your need either a) a dedicated windows server or

b) a windows VPS

which run 20$+/month

No they sure don't, your right there.

But.

if you go http://www.hotscripts.com/listing/free-instant-messenger/

PHP, SQL script......SUPER simple script that you can add to game and all you actually do is edit database in header.php and make a link to a pop.html.....and import sql...

Not very hard to get it to work. And its Free.

EDIT:

Since that post i added to local host on my comptuer

Screenie..and what 5 minutes?

Only link you have to acutally add

Messenger Window

Of course you can edit it to look and fit how you want.

lol No its just IM

as far as chat rooms Most people have IRC/Java chat on their site...so their is your chat rooms...

File transfer again IRC has that...oh and the #1 file transfer choice from everyone...Their email.

People (at least people I worked for) Prefer stuff sent to their email so its backed up. And it's more reliable. As everyone knows that file transfer on IM is not reliable lol

At least for me its not lol.

Im not one to judge people or scripts

Note #1: Messenger will only run on windows. You do not need to host the messenger as I will also be hosting every clients messenger for 12 months

So what happens after 12 months is up do you just vanish ?

I'll give you the server for where people connect to it but thats more fee's for you as your need either a) a dedicated windows server or

As it was mentioned there are TONS of php messenger scripts out thjere that will do the exact same as yours PHP121 have a totally free version that would surpass your messenger.

Youve probably coded something great but im not sure that these forus are the place to be selling it.