• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Re: [mccode] Mod Sale [$10.00 - $80.00]

wouldn't something like

$lt = sha1($_POST['username']);
$alt = '-_abskdlDS-=';
$password = md5($lt.$alt.$_POST['password']);

be a little more secure?

Why not use something that keeps the varibles the same?

KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid (Sorry But I Think That Could Be Good Advice For People)

Anyway here's my idea. (Flame if you need to because I would like to find security issues if there is any)

$Salt = 'SALT GOES HERE';
strrev(sha1($Salt . $_POST['password'] . $Salt))

Edit: My Salt Removed.

Re: [mccode] Mod Sale [$10.00 - $80.00]

wouldn't something like

$lt = sha1($_POST['username']);
$alt = '-_abskdlDS-=';
$password = md5($lt.$alt.$_POST['password']);

be a little more secure?

Why not use something that keeps the varibles the same?

KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid (Sorry But I Think That Could Be Good Advice For People)

Anyway here's my idea. (Flame if you need to because I would like to find security issues if there is any)

$Salt = 'SALT GOES HERE';
strrev(sha1($Salt . $_POST['password'] . $Salt))

Edit: My Salt Removed.

Karlos my code did keep it the same... just added the username in with the variable, therefore adding more security because with lets say the salt being...

blah

then that would be easier to crack than

zero-affectblah

do you not think so?

Nice try though im sure something like that will be used on other less protected websites but SMF actually use the technique i posted.

I personally will use a method a company uses than just plain old 10 char salt cause all it takes is one person to figure out the salt then the brute force attack can begin.

Re: [mccode] Mod Sale [$10.00 - $110.00]

Zero i was thinking about you idea and I've come up with an idea which is slightly more advanced than yours but should work just aswell..

strrev(sha1(strrev($_POST['LoginName']) . $_POST['Password'] . strrev($_POST['LoginName'])));

Just an idea.

Zero i was thinking about you idea and I've come up with an idea which is slightly more advanced than yours but should work just aswell..

strrev(sha1(strrev($_POST['LoginName']) . $_POST['Password'] . strrev($_POST['LoginName'])));

Just an idea.

Rofl, NO!

Rofl, NO!

Stop acting like you know everything..

Why overcomplicate things? I'm always telling you to keep things simple lol

Well I like to see what i can come up with.. :-P

Stop acting like you know everything..

I didnt say i did, all i said is Rofl NO!... .. i aint going to be using that i have my own password system.

Oh must of been all those pointless posts and little errors that make you a PHP god. :-o

Seriously hate to break it to you but your not. Stop thinking you are so great because your not, not one is. Yea you have your own pass system that you claim is unexploitable and that we can't crack a pass. and as for the "Rofl! NO!" comment well....., thats what I think about your coding.

Sorry Iso That this Is On Your Thread.

Oh must of been all those pointless posts and little errors that make you a PHP god. :-o

Seriously hate to break it to you but your not. Stop thinking you are so great because your not, not one is. Yea you have your own pass system that you claim is unexploitable and that we can't crack a pass. and as for the "Rofl! NO!" comment well....., thats what I think about your coding.

Sorry Iso That this Is On Your Thread.

Lmao, whos the one going around copying other people how they code, (YOU). You also copy MTG.

Remember when i said, you all ways using sprintf, in queries you said for personal use, nah you just copying Mtg, your the one thinking your all good, but all i have to say YOUR NOT!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...