MakeWebGames

Adobe CS3

shedh

Guest Anonymous

Re: Adobe CS3

They are what they are...if you need it new then you will have to pay...there are no deals really on these programs. Some places will offer specials to students but you dont get manuals or anything its basically just the disk, Im not sure if they have this available for the full suite or not.

Guest Anonymous

Surely there are plenty of other packages out there that would suffice...

For instance, The GNU Image Manipulation Program is a very powerful and free graphics application running under both Windows and *nix operating system.

ImageMagik - another excellent free graphics product.

As for editing, well I looked at DreamWeaver once... giggled and threw it away. Learn to use a good editor such as EditPlus.

References

http://www.gimp.org/

http://www.imagemagick.org/

http://www.editplus.com/

Excellent point Nyna, I use the GIMP for all of my image editing. That program has a nice following, but doesn't get as much credit for being as good as it is compared to photoshop IMHO.

Of course those that have used it and photoshop know that in the hands of a skilled user, just about anything you can do in photoshop can be done in the GIMP.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

You could just use torrents, like poldar i got the CS3 Master Collection by using torrents its free, and its legal under file-sharing laws. it becomes illegal when you distribute for 5 pound on the local market.

read up on the laws in your country if your really on the edge.

Guest Anonymous

Same here, but IMHO dreamweaver isn't great to use.

Dreamweaver isnt really the same as photoshop ....its a webpage designing tool...not at all what photoshop is...Fireworks would be macromedia's design program.

Dreamweaver isnt really the same as photoshop[...]

I was saying it was but i just had a random personally opinion to put out, and yes i know dreamweaver helps designs webpages but IMHO i don't think its that great. However Photoshop is a great program to design graphics, nice and easily used interface :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

You could just use torrents, like poldar i got the CS3 Master Collection by using torrents its free, and its legal under file-sharing laws. it becomes illegal when you distribute for 5 pound on the local market.

read up on the laws in your country if your really on the edge.

You sure? Your distrubuting a paid product for free and nothing going to the Creators. im preety certain thats not legal.

You sure? Your distrubuting a paid product for free and nothing going to the Creators. im preety certain thats not legal.

read up on it, yes its not legal in a sence. but you cant be arrested for it or be put in that big bad jail for it. you could be sent a nasty letter if your using virgin broadband, but thay cant follow throught with it unless your burning the software or downloads to disk and distributing them.

yes hosting a file on your webserver is illegal and getting people to download from a link is legal, then thay will target you. with p2p there is no way of targeting you the only people who have a log is your isp.... they will only high light the problem if your uploading alot of files and downloading alot 24/7. as you will be taking up the use of the broadband line.

read up on: p2p, torrents and file sharing laws.