MakeWebGames

[mccode] stop same ip transfers

mikrows

Im New to this and self learning, Ive been looking through the forum for something to stop same IP transfers, I couldnt see anything, so after a few late nights, and filling up the swear box, I did this, I hope Im not stepping on anyone toes, if so SORRY. Im running it on V2.

In sendcash.php find

You're unable to view this code.

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

after it put

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

you can do the same for

sendbank.php

sendcrys.php

sendcyber.php

hope this helps

thanks

Added code tags -- Tezza`

Re: stop same ip transfers

Hi mikrows,

You could make that query alot smaller and faster by using:

This way it only pulls the lastip from the user , instead of fetching all of their user and and userstats information.

Thanks, as i said in new and learning, I just about managed to do this by pulling that line from another part of the file, then adding the rest underneath. I spent all day trying to get it working, then by reading other files, I discovered that it needed the exit; line putting in.

Guest Anonymous

However ... you realize the fatal flaw in tracking same IP transfers like this... It doesn't work.

A) It can prevent legitimate transfers

B) It can permit illegal transfers.

You need to look at how IP addresses are allocated - A lot of people do not static IP addresses, they are allocated a dynamic IP address from their host. Certain hosts have a very small "pool" of addresses to draw from sometimes as little as 254 odd.

Think about other methods of transfering items or start doing proper logging with full IP/ASN backtraces.

Guest Anonymous

Hi MTG :D

My website is (oddly enough) http://nyna.co.uk/ but there is nothing there.

I run several systems Magictallguy knows of the odd one or two but there are no links to them.

There are a few of us who are working on a couple of new engines, one which may become open-source, one most definitely closed.

And yes MTG, not only could I rewrite the language - I have - I run propriatary extensions to MySQL and PHP on my own servers now all written in C to extend their capabilities way beyond what was originally thought possible.

Guest Anonymous

Don't worry about the other peeps - People who ridicule seldom understand the problem or the solutions when presented to them anyway.

Look at a simple scenario...

Joe Blogs lives at no 24 small street, whilst Eric Smith lives at no 67.

The both play your game a couple of times a week and both share the same service provider.

Since both of them go to school, they switch their machines off during the day - including the routers.

Eric switches everything on, gets allocated the IP address 1.2.3.4 from the ISP and logs in for a bit.

Getting bored, he logs off, switches everything off and retires to bed.

Joe switches his system on, gets allocated the IP address 1.2.3.4 from the ISP and logs in.

Seeing his mate Eric in the userlist, he sends him a <item>

Now same IP transfer? Technically yes, but that's all. It's a fluke.

And this happens a lot especially with people that use very small service providers who have a limited range of IP addresses they can allocate.

So by blocking that transfer - you are in effect blocking a legitimate transfer... Not a good idea.

How to get around system -- Well, I'll leave that for people to ponder over, I have a solution that works perfectly but I won't release the code for it as it's part of my commercial APIs (application programming interface).

If you have a small user-base spread all over the world - generally the issue won't arise, but what happens when you have say 100,000 users all based in say the UK. You *will* get collisions like this from time to time, and people may start to object.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In header Find:

Then Below Add

This is only for same ip obviously but this basically will stop a user from signing into more than one name with there ip but theres is ways around which you all will comment on but this is just contribution to this modification...

any editing on this would be appreciated greatly...

thanks

In header Find:

Then Below Add

Wrong.

You only need to notify them not kill the game for them :)

This is only for same ip obviously but this basically will stop a user from signing into more than one name with there ip but theres is ways around which you all will comment on but this is just contribution to this modification...

any editing on this would be appreciated greatly...

thanks

i have just realized something lol

this code will notify id 1 with a event every time the header is loaded... lol maybe try

Oh dont forget to add this has query in sql :-P

its more coding + sql but more complexed :P

oh and i did this without testing so any probs let me know

ehhh ?????

you forget something.......

AOL DNS pool, dynamic IPs, and more stuff

you can't just check on IP alone, ASN is fun

edit: seems nyna mentioned the same earlier, gah I should read from 1st post instead of last

Aw Kyle you edited it again :-P

You love me so much don't ya :-D

Have you ever read a code?

Please read mine compare to yours. Mine is using a session and yours is using a query wich aint needed.

Now what mine does is each time they login with no session it alerts id 1 and yours just alerts id 1 once in a life time unlike mine it tells id 1 that they are on a proxy. So please go read over my code befor you post your little shit?

And no i dont love you a bit, infact i hate you :-)

Guest Anonymous

No Killah, you ARE using a query, not just sessions, and you will not stop rotating proxies such as AOL.

Your method of selecting the number of users is flawed as well, as that will be using a temporary diskfile to extract the data - therefore expensive in CPU usage and time,

There is NO way of detecting real IP addresses under IPv4/IPv6. There are just too many possibilities of hiding.

Try reading volumes 1 and 2 of TCP/IP Illustrated by Stevens/Wright. It will give you grounding you need in how IPs work.