MakeWebGames

Credit ALL Users

Dustin Rohel

52 minutes ago, corruptcity || skalman said:

Kyle is trying to nudge you into giving it ago yourself first. And you will gain much more by trying it yourself first, then when you fail or get stuck etc and you recieve help. than just Kyle or whoever just doing it for you.

excellently said its how I started trial and error cause a problem try fix it 

start small then get more ambitious as you get more knowledgeable, comfortable with it then take it from there. Also try to pick one engine that you like the most and stick with it. you'll learn far more and quickly if you stopped picking a different engine each week.

finaly chatGPT is a good tool to help you fix your problems or issues aswell

sounds good, i've tried making modules for mccodes with help from a chatbot ai with no success, I am sticking with the 2 engines i'm using now.

I'll check out chatGPT soon, thanks

i learn better by being shown what to do, i have a learning disability so this stuff is sorta hard to learn (Takes awhile)

3 hours ago, Dustin Rohel said:

sounds good, i've tried making modules for mccodes with help from a chatbot ai with no success, I am sticking with the 2 engines i'm using now.

I'll check out chatGPT soon, thanks

i learn better by being shown what to do, i have a learning disability so this stuff is sorta hard to learn (Takes awhile)

You will be your limiting factor. I just want it to be known that I am not trying to be a prick, I just want you to take a stab and learn.

The best way to make something like this is to look at some other modules and pick apart things you might need.  Where I would start if I was in your shoes is to think about some sort of form, then you need to handle that form submission. If you’re looking for RM days, you probably want an input field for amount of days, then upon submission you would want to query all users then update their current RM days + the amount you entered. 

• Like 2

i learn best by being told or shown, what you just said give me an idea on how to start, but some code i dont understand what it does, i think i'll pay for a course to learn code better. Once again, than ks everyone

I am going to give it a go after doctors tomorrow. 🙂

• Like 1

10 hours ago, KyleMassacre said:

If you’re looking for RM days, you probably want an input field for amount of days, then upon submission you would want to query all users then update their current RM days + the amount you entered. 

I'm not being nit picky ... I just want to make this clearer, because this was something I kept screwing up when I first started learning how to use the McCodes files.

You want to make sure that when you are adding in the new amount that you state it in your code as SET RM days = RM days + amount. If you do it just as SET RM days + amount your total would end up being just the + amount. 

7 hours ago, Dustin Rohel said:

i learn best by being told or shown, what you just said give me an idea on how to start, but some code i dont understand what it does, i think i'll pay for a course to learn code better. Once again, than ks everyone

I am going to give it a go after doctors tomorrow. 🙂

Why pay? There are tons of YouTube tutorials on PHP. All you will need to learn is the bare minimum basics of PHP. Obviously you probably wont find a tutorial on this exact topic but there are several beginner videos that show what you will need to do.

28 minutes ago, newttster said:

I'm not being nit picky ... I just want to make this clearer, because this was something I kept screwing up when I first started learning how to use the McCodes files.

You want to make sure that when you are adding in the new amount that you state it in your code as SET RM days = RM days + amount. If you do it just as SET RM days + amount your total would end up being just the + amount. 

Yes you are correct. Your database won’t do math unless you either tell it to do math or tell it to put in a value that already had the math done

• Like 1