MakeWebGames

What I'd wish for..

Uridium

I'm unsure how much a name change, or even being offline, really affected everything with activity here.

I think we live in a different time to when games were at their peak - with mobile internet so accessible now, and smartphones being cheap as chips for the lower end, it's only natural that people moved onto app-based things instead.

I agree though, I wish I'd kept contact with a few people in times past.

Scarlet, Decepti0n, and Seanybob, to name a couple.

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
On 7/12/2023 at 10:41 AM, SRB said:

I'm unsure how much a name change, or even being offline, really affected everything with activity here.

I think we live in a different time to when games were at their peak - with mobile internet so accessible now, and smartphones being cheap as chips for the lower end, it's only natural that people moved onto app-based things instead.

I agree though, I wish I'd kept contact with a few people in times past.

Scarlet, Decepti0n, and Seanybob, to name a couple.

Times have moved to a mobile first logic many forums just don't have the same traffic nor do people wish to wait for a new post most have moved to discord and most people even on IRC ( still am quite often ).

We live in a current internet society that is mobile first and desktop for most basic users come last, site loading speed if its over 3seconds most people leave and don't return unless its something they really wish to read or play.

Seo also has become more secure meaning HTTPS:// is required to even be ranked properly in most search engines its very annoying from someone getting started in web development as a kid in the late 90s using good ole xhtml and vanilla js.

People come and go quite often i was part of other forums before joining this one initially just out of curiosity to see if people are still around that i knew among the PBBG communities oddly enough many aren't as its not as popular nor do people care for it.  I just refuse to leave something i love even if its more or less an unprofitable hobby that cost me and my team money.

Times have changed too much in my opinion but change is the nature of technology and the human race ( minus politicians and lawyers 😛 lol )