MakeWebGames

As a CS fan, I've made a game for fun

Alexander01

As an avid Counter-Strike lover, I embarked on a quest to find a shooter game that I could conveniently play right in my browser during those precious short breaks at the office. I longed for a game that could swiftly immerse me in a thrilling 15-minute session, allowing me to refresh my mind before delving back into my daily tasks. Then I thought why not to make a simple game myself. I dedicated several weekends and made a simple game myself, developed purely for fun and the love of gaming. I called it  "The Pixel Warrior", from top of my head. 
http://thepixelwarrior.com/
Please share your feedback!

Best regards,

Alexander

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SRB said:

Okay, so that's pretty cool for a 2D map shooter.

Shame it doesn't have bot accounts so you always have someone to shoot, but you can open 2 browsers and make 2 accounts to play around at least.

Hi SRB,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. That's actually a great idea. I find it a bit complex thought. I can probably make some simple dum bots first and then eventually make them smarter. Fully agree with you! Players should have someone to shoot at even if there are no human players in the room.

10 hours ago, Alexander01 said:

Hi SRB,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. That's actually a great idea. I find it a bit complex thought. I can probably make some simple dum bots first and then eventually make them smarter. Fully agree with you! Players should have someone to shoot at even if there are no human players in the room.

quite good i assume i was just playing with you lol i was kk#, needs respawn of ammo if anything really and maybe a few extra destroyed things but overall quite fun

We just had a fun few rounds just now @Alexander01. An actual unique game for this site. What's the tech stack? Do you plan on open sourcing the code?

There are a few issues:

• Pressing multiple movement keys seems to cause the movement to glitch from time to time where it stops moving
  • I'm having weird issues where the mouse stops moving if you're moving at the same time, this happens sporadically
  • It would be nice to see the health value instead of just a bar
  • It would be nice to see the actual damage per bullet
  • Show health on spawns on the map
Edited by Script47

2 hours ago, Script47 said:

We just had a fun few rounds just now @Alexander01. An actual unique game for this site. What's the tech stack? Do you plan on open sourcing the code?

There are a few issues:

• Pressing multiple movement keys seems to cause the movement to glitch from time to time where it stops moving
  • I'm having weird issues where the mouse stops moving if you're moving at the same time, this happens sporadically

Hi Script47,

You played very well, though! Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate!

I'm experiencing the same issue from time to time. I need to look at it.
    This one is interesting. Will try to reproduce it.
    Agree. This would be more informative. I think I'll follow the advise. I can use my medkit icon combined with numeric value. 
    Actually I have not thought about it. Could be displayed next to the "blood" particles.
    This one is tricky. Not technically. The question whether the players should see the health of their opponents or not, is not easy to answer. 

No I don't have plans to open sourcing the code.

The technology stack
Frontend: HTML and JavaScript. I have not used any frameworks.
Backend: C#, .NET

Best regards,
Alexander

4 hours ago, big_mike said:

quite good i assume i was just playing with you lol i was kk#, needs respawn of ammo if anything really and maybe a few extra destroyed things but overall quite fun

Oh yeah, I remember you. Was fun). Thanks for the game and your feedback!   

4 hours ago, Janvier123 said:

i cannot play it since its WASD, i do that those keys but not in that order, i have to play with ZQSD

Looks nice tho!

Thanks for your feedback. Actually i just added left, up, down, right arrows in addition to WASD, just in case

On 6/16/2023 at 12:16 AM, Alexander01 said:

Thanks for your feedback. Actually i just added left, up, down, right arrows in addition to WASD, just in case

It works! now i can play 🙂 However, i broke the game now. If you are running (example ARROW LEFT ), and you switch tab (firefox) the game thinks you  are still pressing that button (ARROW LEFT), so you cannot use the other 3 and the game becomes unplayable 🙂

And there is nothing to do, no enemies ...

Greetz! 😉

Edited by Janvier123