MakeWebGames

Game project looking for beginners

Janvier123

Hi,

i dont post here, but i do visit from time to time. But that's not why iam here. Ive always wanted to create a game or be a part of a big/medium project. I can code in PHP but lack the rest of the skills. Maybe someone is thinking the same thing? Who knows.

This is in NO WAY a mafia spinoff or look-a-like or other copy's. It is based on a dead pbbg (zapoco) and the idea of GlobalCollapse (github). However since the game died and the owner is "gone" i think its a perfect opportunity to re-create a new game based on that "theme". Requirements? Easy coding! It will be based on Codeigniter 3 and fully based on PHP. Well we will need some JS ofc.

So i may look for the following: html person(s), gfx person(s), idea person(s), discord mod(s)/admin(s), .....

I say MAY, cuz its all very early, i do have some code/idea, but no demo, so it MAY fall appart, i hope not.

Let me know :)

3 hours ago, Janvier123 said:

i did play with zed city for a while and its like an exact copy of what i was about to do. But on discord they already told me hes not interested into working with other let alone sharing ...

cant really be a copy of what you was going to do lol its more you both had the same ideas really as yours would have to be live for them to "copy".

yes but you claimed they copied lol which my point was its impossible to copy you if you never had anything online for them to copy which was my other point of they had the same ideas as you did but technically and factually they had the idea done and online before you did so technically altough you say you made it in 2021 theres literally no proof of that other then say so where as Zed have literally got a game online with it.

that was my only point, but let be honest in any zombie type game theres only 2 real ways to move around horse or car/pickup so theres no much you can really do that would be different really. (i know this a fact as im working on zombie game lol much different to how zed is though)

i dont want to create a game that look allot like another game and have the same features, there is no point for me to continue then, however if you look at all those mafia games. But thats not the point, i just dont want to do this all on my own with no one backing or supporting it and i dont mean financially

My fear is that ill be spending months of work for maybe nothing

On 6/13/2023 at 5:03 AM, ags_cs4 said:

Hey there glad to see you took the courage to post 😄, well i think i have seen a project that take on zapoco idea of survival i think its Zed City, im sure there is another one here on the community thats doing that but cant remember of the top of my head

it's Vue and what is in backend? and i am unable to see inside how can i registration in?  

• 1 month later...