MakeWebGames

GRPG v1

Annonymous

if you are starting out developing a game i would highly recommend not using the engine as a base for a game or any learning platform to better your skills. 

Grpg v2 (Paid $100)

Gangster Legends v2 (Free Open Source)

both these are good bases to work from depending on your budget but without major work Grpg v1 would take alot to get to a secure and fully functional state.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, urbanmafia said:

if you are starting out developing a game i would highly recommend not using the engine as a base for a game or any learning platform to better your skills. 

Grpg v2 (Paid $100)

Gangster Legends v2 (Free Open Source)

both these are good bases to work from depending on your budget but without major work Grpg v1 would take alot to get to a secure and fully functional state.

As one of the owners of gRPG, I second this. v1 is not a great basis to work with if you're wanting to learn up-to-date methods, though it can be useful if you want to learn how and why things break.
v2, while an improvement over v1, is pending updates to be compatible with more systems (and not rely so heavily on Composer!).

Finally, while it may damage gRPG's reputation (or what's left of it), I would recommend GLv2 over gRPGv2 as it currently stands. Bluntly put, it's better written.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, Annonymous said:

Thank you both for the suggestions I'm only 17 haha so I'm lacking the funds what does everyone suggest in the v1 GL v1 Mccode V1 or GDRP v1

GL V2 is free and can be downloaded from the marketplace area and has got most support of the three at the moment

Edited by PHPStudent

their is risks in any script but as far as GL goes its a very good script and also prevents SQL Injections which is a major thing. only thing i would say is the posting of numbers does need sorting in the bank and transfer areas as you can add - and + which is never a good thing. 

i make sure these places use 

You're unable to view this code.

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

1 hour ago, urbanmafia said:

their is risks in any script but as far as GL goes its a very good script and also prevents SQL Injections which is a major thing. only thing i would say is the posting of numbers does need sorting in the bank and transfer areas as you can add - and + which is never a good thing. 

i make sure these places use 

abs(intval($variable));

You're unable to view this code.

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

Think ya should go through 'em, fix 'em, and submit a pull request 😉