MakeWebGames

hall of fame

Deand2331

• 3 months later...
On 10/1/2020 at 11:25 PM, ags_cs4 said:

Im planing a new leaderboard exactly wha u talking about, will start it this weekend busy thous days irl

Any leaderboard should have the ability to display users relative to how long they have been playing given a newbie is never going to see his name in lights and it will be the longest serving players who have generally accrued more of everything that will constantly be on top.

Maybe display leaderboards relative to levels, have a leaderboard for users from levels 1 to 10 (drop down menu), another for users from 11 to 100 and so on finally culminating in those long serving elite players who just have to be on top all the time (you know who you are).

This should reward/put a smile on the face of those lower down the totem pole and encourage them to work hard towards graduating to the next level. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CrazyElk said:

Any leaderboard should have the ability to display users relative to how long they have been playing given a newbie is never going to see his name in lights and it will be the longest serving players who have generally accrued more of everything that will constantly be on top.

Maybe display leaderboards relative to levels, have a leaderboard for users from levels 1 to 10 (drop down menu), another for users from 11 to 100 and so on finally culminating in those long serving elite players who just have to be on top all the time (you know who you are).

This should reward/put a smile on the face of those lower down the totem pole and encourage them to work hard towards graduating to the next level. 

I get what you're saying but personally I would prefer to see a simplified version of leaderboards, like the mccodes hall of fame. With like top 25 or 30 for each category. I think your way might disincentivise players from reaching the very top. They might get complacement or too satisfied with where they are. 

5 minutes ago, PHPStudent said:

I get what you're saying but personally I would prefer to see a simplified version of leaderboards, like the mccodes hall of fame. With like top 25 or 30 for each category. I think your way might disincentivise players from reaching the very top. They might get complacement or too satisfied with where they are. 

Thanks for the perspective.

Perhaps I should have qualified my OP a little more but your suggesting the top 25/30 in each category is precisely my thinking, I don't believe offering 1, 2 or 10 thousand players rankings is beneficial and thats without considering the overheads. What I actually meant was display the top 30'ish relative to the level they have achieved.

I'm new to this genre and have no experience with the mccodes HOF  but if thats what it offers then offering something similar for GL seems logical. 

Personally I don'y believe anyone will be complacent with their present position and elect to sit still, if they are enthusiastically playing then their level is going to increase no matter what, which will have the effect of them moving up the scale regardless. I can't see any situation where a serious player would be doing business on the basis of holding themselves back but having said that it takes all kinds and they should  be a very small minority.

On the subject of individual players rankings, I am not seeing that in their profiles and I believe consideration should be given to including that at some point.