MakeWebGames

What’s the favourite thing you’ve developed

Aaron_

Hi all,

I’d love to hear more about some of the things you’ve all developed in the past (gaming & non-gaming) so I thought I’d create this thread and share mine!

In my last job I developed a chat bot system that took over a years worth of questions and responses that had been sent to and from our customer service team and was able to use these to generate accurate responses to people’s questions. 

This saved our customer service team hours when dealing with your standard frequently asked questions. 

The system would take a persons message, then run through the system to find similar messages based on the words in the sentence, as well as the way in which the words were structured to ensure that they formed a similar way in the sentence.

It then took the replies to all these messages, did the same again, and then used them to build a point based system in which the highest scores response would be the best suited response for the customer. 

It was also able to detect names and change these in sentences to ensure it kept the personal aspects for the customer and looking like it was still coming for a human, rather than a bot. 

Based on how it would built, it would only respond to FAQs as it does need data to work on, and I hadn’t gone as far as trying to build responses without have prior data to go on.

This for me was a great achievement and something I really enjoyed building, I got into work a few hours early every day to hash it out before my work day started as I just wanted to get it completed. 

I’m not sure if I have the code laying around anywhere anymore but if I do I’ll dig it out and share some of it for everyone to see.

• Like 1

That sounds awesome, I love Amazon's chat bot, it's actually helpful which is a change from most of them. It sounds like yours was also helpful which is important.

My proudest achievement has to be the product I lead at Adobe, our Magento Page Builder was originally built mostly by me as a piece of software called BlueFoot, this was then acquired by Magento, an Adobe Company. The acquisition moved me to Barcelona, Spain to continue to working on realizing BlueFoot's potential. It's been in production for around a year now with amazing feedback from our customers, you can see more about it here: https://magento.com/products/magento-commerce/page-builder

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Dave said:

That sounds awesome, I love Amazon's chat bot, it's actually helpful which is a change from most of them. It sounds like yours was also helpful which is important.

My proudest achievement has to be the product I lead at Adobe, our Magento Page Builder was originally built mostly by me as a piece of software called BlueFoot, this was then acquired by Magento, an Adobe Company. The acquisition moved me to Barcelona, Spain to continue to working on realizing BlueFoot's potential. It's been in production for around a year now with amazing feedback from our customers, you can see more about it here: https://magento.com/products/magento-commerce/page-builder

Great achievement, must feel great knowing that it’s something taken seriously by such a big company. 

• Like 1

My favorite thing I coded was oRPG creator or Naruto Web. oRPG Creator was in pho never finished coding it and lost code. Was a few years worth of work, but it was to outdated to do anything to good with.

NARUTO WEB I coded in visul basic 6 till the code became outdated. It had was kind of like battle.net used for blizzard games. You login, join a chat room, create a game or join one. It was like tanks. You had a Naruto character and ran around in custom map and attacked one another. These two are my largest projects and best learning projects to date. I learned so many and complex coding theories.

Today I can be given any thing to code as a problem, mod, new feature or extension and I can give you the best way to go about it. Sometimes the best way can't be done due to the original code your building off of without changing so much code. Just cause I can do that don't mean I can. I'm not familiar with as many coding languages as I was years ago.

2 hours ago, Sim said:

My favorite thing I coded was oRPG creator or Naruto Web. oRPG Creator was in pho never finished coding it and lost code. Was a few years worth of work, but it was to outdated to do anything to good with.

NARUTO WEB I coded in visul basic 6 till the code became outdated. It had was kind of like battle.net used for blizzard games. You login, join a chat room, create a game or join one. It was like tanks. You had a Naruto character and ran around in custom map and attacked one another. These two are my largest projects and best learning projects to date. I learned so many and complex coding theories.

Today I can be given any thing to code as a problem, mod, new feature or extension and I can give you the best way to go about it. Sometimes the best way can't be done due to the original code your building off of without changing so much code. Just cause I can do that don't mean I can. I'm not familiar with as many coding languages as I was years ago.

I remember oRPG, was an impressive project!

Do you now store your projects online using a repository? A great way not to loose all your old projects!