MakeWebGames

(Buying) RC Engine

TesterPro

you would

1 hour ago, TesterPro said:

Contact me if you are selling RC Engine

you would be better with a more updated engine like GRPG V2 or GLv2. RC engine is using a very outdated code base and would take a lot of work to bring it up to a workable state. 

4 minutes ago, urbanmafia said:

you would

you would be better with a more updated engine like GRPG V2 or GLv2. RC engine is using a very outdated code base and would take a lot of work to bring it up to a workable state. 

Thanks Urban Mafia. I would like to buy it to check through the code etc before making my decision. Do you know where I can buy it?

17 minutes ago, TesterPro said:

Thanks Urban Mafia. I would like to buy it to check through the code etc before making my decision. Do you know where I can buy it?

I have worked with a couple games that are RC and they needed alot of work you would have to rewrite the whole code base. Only option is buy from someone that owns a licence (i would ask for proof of purchase to make sure it was purchased genuinely). Also im not sure who owns the engine now as i know around 2015 ICC sold the engine and it became UOTS Engine. but really wouldn't waste your money.

try this engine you will be able to work with it out the box and also the best part its open source with modules actively being developed for it. 

https://github.com/ChristopherDay/Gangster-Legends-V2

Edited by urbanmafia

23 minutes ago, urbanmafia said:

I have worked with a couple games that are RC and they needed alot of work you would have to rewrite the whole code base. Only option is buy from someone that owns a licence (i would ask for proof of purchase to make sure it was purchased genuinely). Also im not sure who owns the engine now as i know around 2015 ICC sold the engine and it became UOTS Engine. but really wouldn't waste your money.

Ok - so basically no one around to sell it right now?

9 minutes ago, TesterPro said:

Ok - so basically no one around to sell it right now?

@Mitchell might know who to get in contact, not 100% sure but what urban said is very true even if you can get an updated copy. You will have a hard time hiring developers for it.

Edited by MNG

I have developed for the rc engine quite a lot back in the days when it was around more code is just basic mysql_ 

If you ask me purchasing the rc engine is a rip off 

You would need to either pay or do

• Full conversion to pdo (some pages go over 2k lines)
  • Updated to php 7 standards
  • Security added
  • Missing features / cron code that is missing

I have the rc engine on my computer and its a good engine don't get me wrong but as i said above if you are not a developer its going to cost you a fortune to get the work done 

just my 2 cents hope it helps.