MakeWebGames

Marketplace + Git?

6 minutes ago, Magictallguy said:

Is it possible and would you consider supporting Git via the marketplace?

It'd require a lot of custom development to facilitate it as we'd need to setup a Statis / composer repository which can handle authorization and purchases etc.

What's your business case here?

1 minute ago, Dave said:

It'd require a lot of custom development to facilitate it as we'd need to setup a Statis / composer repository which can handle authorization and purchases etc.

What's your business case here?

To streamline author updates. Intent is to reduce the amount of messing around to release updates.
It can become an arduous process, posting the same update to multiple places. It can be easy to forget a thing or two.

On a personal level; ideally, if I'm already posting the code to a repo (or branch thereof) which can handle pipelines/webhooks/callbacks, etc., why not have the repo send the updates to where they need to be?

25 minutes ago, Magictallguy said:

To streamline author updates. Intent is to reduce the amount of messing around to release updates.
It can become an arduous process, posting the same update to multiple places. It can be easy to forget a thing or two.

On a personal level; ideally, if I'm already posting the code to a repo (or branch thereof) which can handle pipelines/webhooks/callbacks, etc., why not have the repo send the updates to where they need to be?

You could make it so the publication process of the repository automatically packaged and uploaded / updated it to the marketplace. That'd be specific to your current project though.

I'm happy to explore it but I don't have much free time to dedicate to build large features on the forum sadly.