MakeWebGames

mccodes 2.0.2 and php 7.0

adivirus

my game suffered lots of modifications since 2008, added lots of things to the files, so i started to test it with php7 on a test server, it seems that i need to modify every mysql_() , mysql_query to mysqli, as i always used mysql line instead of mysqli .. that's for start :) thanks.

Isn't the driver a setting?

If you're going to review the code even the most updated version of MCcodes needs a rework. Don't just change everything from mysql into mysqli. Use the added features.

Yes it is as a matter of fact which is found in the config.php file.

This is funny though. Just today I reviewed a mod submitted to the marketplace and it was for v2. When I was reviewing the code, I noticed that it was using mysql_* for all the queries and fetching. It's just crazy that this topic comes up right after I see it.

For future reference to everyone while I am here and talking about this:

DO NOT submit a module for the V2 engine that does not use the database wrapper.

OK, here's one issue that is definitely from being php 7.0

bbcode engine.

A non-critical error has occurred. Page execution will continue. Below are the details:

PHP Deprecation Notice: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead (8192)

Line executed: /home/public_html/bbcode_engine.php:181

What is preg_replace_callback?!?!?!?!

• 2 weeks later...