MakeWebGames

It's been a while..

Silver

I didn't even realise this place still existed.

Is there anyone here who remembers me as being part of the community between 2006-2010? I was one of the original owners of an mccode v1 game called Murder-City back in around 2004, a rival game to Criminal Country which was also an original when a single version of the engine could be purchased online for $150. I went on to develop Murder-City 2 and at the same time, offering a large number of unique modifications for both v1 and v2 of the popular mccode engine.

I was a reputable developer back in the day having worked on a couple of old favourites including Criminal Country, Nuclear Wastelands and Tropical Terror. Most recently, for the last 3 years I have been a casual developer for Battle of the Valley, another favourite dating back 10 years or so.

BlackMagicWoman has recently sold Battle of The Valley which leaves me with a little time on my hands. That being said, if anyone would like any development work done or is interested in any of my modifications or projects - please let me know. I am sure a number of you probably already have my modifications embedded in your game without realising ;)

For those who I don't know here, which is probably all of you now, I hope I am able to rebuild my reputation here and begin working on some of your games.

[uSER=64687]Dominion[/uSER] - definitely a name I remember. Weren't you TT staff or something?

Thanks for the welcome back guys :)

I don't remember ever being staff there, but I was always in the chat. Tupe is actually the one who linked me to mccodes, and because of her I started out with PHP. I had been developing things in python before that , but I'd never touched PHP before. I was active from about 06/07(I think?) through to when it closed.

As for your modifications I used your warnings mod on the game I eventually opened. You would have to remind me what else was yours, but there is at least that one. You probably also worked on tropical terror's gangs "permissions" system ... I may have replicated that for my own site. It was a good idea that I even put into staff permissions. Made stuff easier for me

I've been considering since about December to open up a new site, and test the water. Not sure what the market it like. It's interesting to see at least one site based on mccodes is still going strong. I always enjoyed that type of game... although like I said tropical terror was the only one I was ever very active on.

Ah, I have one of the last essay mails I ever sent to tupe still saved on my computer.

I wish I had a copy of the game that we could open for old times sake but it wouldn't be the same without her. I only have odds and sods downloaded to my computer, files that I had worked on.

From what I can see I was practically an owner of TT when I came along? I've got a folder called Staff Interviews and a document about rules etc lol

Ah, I have one of the last essay mails I ever sent to tupe still saved on my computer.

I wish I had a copy of the game that we could open for old times sake but it wouldn't be the same without her. I only have odds and sods downloaded to my computer, files that I had worked on.

From what I can see I was practically an owner of TT when I came along? I've got a folder called Staff Interviews and a document about rules etc lol

I wasn't really involved. Stayed away from anything on that side. I think the game was left to Catwomen( can't remember her real name... ) so I wouldn't say open a copy anyway. Plus with all the older code (it did shut in 2011?) it would take a lot of updating.

[uSER=50378]Guest[/uSER] - The drinks are on you...