MakeWebGames

True or False?

-BRAIDZ-

I read that Ravan's Mafia Script is a rip off version of McCodes.

Is this true?

Because the way i see it, is if it is true, and it is an illegal version then why are they still selling it?

Because in all honesty I'd much rather Ravan's over McCodes any day, but each too their own i guess.

I just want to find out if it's true or not, and is there any proof of it being an illegal rip off version of McCodes?

I'm not sure whether it is a rip off version of MCCodes or not (as how do you define what a rip off version of something is), but even if it truly was, why would they stop trying to sell it? If they're making some $$ off of it, then there's their motivation for continuing to sell it.

At any rate, Ravan's Mafia Script certainly has its pitfalls (including using a deprecated version of the mysql extension), which is why many of us here advise against using Ravan's Mafia Script (including myself). I've worked with Ravan's script, and it is OK, but it certainly takes a lot of work to get it to the security standards of MCCodes, which in and of itself isn't that fantastic either.

~G7470

I'm not sure whether it is a rip off version of MCCodes or not (as how do you define what a rip off version of something is), but even if it truly was, why would they stop trying to sell it? If they're making some $$ off of it, then there's their motivation for continuing to sell it.

At any rate, Ravan's Mafia Script certainly has its pitfalls (including using a deprecated version of the mysql extension), which is why many of us here advise against using Ravan's Mafia Script (including myself). I've worked with Ravan's script, and it is OK, but it certainly takes a lot of work to get it to the security standards of MCCodes, which in and of itself isn't that fantastic either.

~G7470

True, thanks for clarifying that, and I have used Ravan's for years, and once got hacked due to the ****ty security back then this was almost 4-5 years ago, but since then it is much more secure, well so I think anyways.

I just don't want to really give out my game URL then have some smartass try take it down.

And also I've compared both mccodes and Ravan's Scripts, and they're similar but are heaps different, half of the mods you find on here will not work on Ravan's, but I have got a heap to work though

There is really no difference between Ravan and MCC and the attempt to stop Ravan from distribution is hard. IIRC several attempts have been made, site was shut down, site pops back up

True that mate, I don't really care though I am happy using Ravan's and my personal opinion is it is a much better layout than MCC, I find MCC to be pretty plain and boring

Raven script actually has some of my free systems in it :D (Mom, I'm famous!)

Announcements on previous attempts at taking Raven down

From what I've heard, it was a straight clone with a new template and encrypted source. Unsure what it's like 3 years later...

Edited by sniko

I just don't understand some people.. how the **** can you manage/code a game without been able to solve this simple task by yourself?

It's a simple question you douche, now **** off you're not wanted here.

Didn't your mother ever tell you, if you don't have nothing nice to say, then don't say nothing at all?

You've been asking about Ravan => mccode v2 for 4 ****ing years.

And honestly. If you cant solve that simple task in your head how do you even get up in the morning? Holy **** if your IQ was any lower I'd have to water you twice a day.

Edit: Btw you want to buy a design? $25

You've been asking about Ravan => mccode v2 for 4 ****ing years.

And honestly. If you cant solve that simple task in your head how do you even get up in the morning? Holy **** if your IQ was any lower I'd have to water you twice a day.

Edit: Btw you want to buy a design? $25

No incorrect, I asked about it four years ago, this is the first time since that I've been back on here, due to mouth aches such as yourself.

And I was only young back then and took none of what I was told into account.

And what design may I ask?

I have used ravens in the part when i first started out and was like wow this is cool easy setup and its full of mods anyways get to the point yea it is a older version of mccodes v2 (insecure from attacks) i also heard that the layout itself was a stolen layout slapped on the mccodes engine changed things about and sells copies of it.

If you have a valid mccodesv2 license then you will be fine but my personal opinion is your better off with the new mccodes v2.05b than ravens

1. v2.05b is more secure than ravens

2. v2.05b is more optimized than ravens (meaning it wont each up nearly as much "Resources" as ravens will)

3. Ravens is packed full of "Paid Modules" which i belive would be stealling if you use them without paying for them.

Edit: If i remember right i think i got to 10-20 members on a shared hosting (yea i know its crap) before the game started going to hell and hosting contacting me you would need to fork out for a good vps or dedi to run that peice of crap script

Edited by NonStopCoding

I have used ravens in the part when i first started out and was like wow this is cool easy setup and its full of mods anyways get to the point yea it is a older version of mccodes v2 (insecure from attacks) i also heard that the layout itself was a stolen layout slapped on the mccodes engine changed things about and sells copies of it.

If you have a valid mccodesv2 license then you will be fine but my personal opinion is your better off with the new mccodes v2.05b than ravens

1. v2.05b is more secure than ravens

2. v2.05b is more optimized than ravens (meaning it wont each up nearly as much "Resources" as ravens will)

3. Ravens is packed full of "Paid Modules" which i belive would be stealling if you use them without paying for them.

Edit: If i remember right i think i got to 10-20 members on a shared hosting (yea i know its crap) before the game started going to hell and hosting contacting me you would need to fork out for a good vps or dedi to run that peice of crap script

Haha true, if i had the money to buy the mccodes script I would.

But unfortunately at the moment I do not have that kind of money as I am currently paying for my father's funeral expenses.

And how do they get attacked? So I know what to look for and patch it?

Haha true, if i had the money to buy the mccodes script I would.

But unfortunately at the moment I do not have that kind of money as I am currently paying for my father's funeral expenses.

And how do they get attacked? So I know what to look for and patch it?

Sorry to hear that.

Side note: If you cannot afford the script + domain + decent hosting, perhaps it's the wrong time to open a game?

http://makewebgames.io/showthread.php/45311-Secure-your-game

http://teachthe.net/?cat=59

Sorry to hear that.

Side note: If you cannot afford the script + domain + decent hosting, perhaps it's the wrong time to open a game?

http://makewebgames.io/showthread.php/45311-Secure-your-game

http://teachthe.net/?cat=59

Thanks, is Ravan's secure from Sql injection? If not what are the exploits I look for and patch, that link you supplied is good but confusing.

And also thank you for saying sorry, appreciate it

Thanks, is Ravan's secure from Sql injection? If not what are the exploits I look for and patch, that link you supplied is good but confusing.

And also thank you for saying sorry, appreciate it

Last I tested it - about 2 years ago - it was. Unsure about now.

Last I tested it - about 2 years ago - it was. Unsure about now.

Okay, what is an exploit I could possibly use to test my site?

This is what I got when I tried an sql injection (not real familiar with them)

Hack attempt

!!! WARNING !!!

Malicious Code Detected! The staff has been notified.