MakeWebGames

How much would you charge for a custom engine?

njfrlng

You could get a custom engine made by someone like MTG (yeah it'd be similar to mccodes but atleast it'd be a little more secure)

EDIT: Didn't mention a price because I didn't ask MTG.

I can build it exactly how you want it. If you want it to be similar to MC Craps, then I can give you that. If you want something completely different, I may be able to give you that too (my ability is limited by my knowledge (as is everyone's))

I'd charge £5,000 - £6,000 for a full-fledged system with ease-of-use and ease-of-modification (and that includes the rights to the code..)

I would want an entire new engine from scratch for various reasons.

I dont think MC would be up to the challenge of what I'm looking for. Lots of features that I've never seen before, so I'm assuming the person contracted to do the work would need a strong knowledge.

Not to mention they must be able to work under my direction, lol which may or may not be a bad thing.

I would want an entire new engine from scratch for various reasons.

[...]

We all know MC Craps here, your reasons don't need to be said :P

[...]

I dont think MC would be up to the challenge of what I'm looking for.

[...]

Agreed

[...]

Not to mention they must be able to work under my direction, lol which may or may not be a bad thing.

Most of the actual developers for hire here and more than capable of working under orders, we wouldn't get clients that way ;)