MakeWebGames

The Generals Uprising (Coming Soon)

CodingKid

bnSLjn2.jpg?1

The Generals Uprising

Rome, what was once an almighty force that ruled the known World has since crumbled into a pit of anarchy and greed. The last Roman emperor to rule over both Western and Eastern Rome, Theodiosis I, has died.

The year is 395AD. War travels throughout the lands, people dying in their thousands as hungry peasants look to stake their claim to the wealth that the world has to offer. You were Theodiosis' lead generals, having won countless battles with armies under your helm, having slayed thousands of men on the battlefield, you were highly respected and highly feared. This soon changed once Theodiosis died, as the Roman empire split into the Western and Eastern sides, you could see no sense in either sides morals and were cast out.

You, your young son and your wife will now have to find the right path, the right place and begin your own empire as you look to bring back honour to your name, your country and your cause once again. You'll meet many enemies along the way and you'll slay many men, but don't be fooled, precious friends and allies will be met along the way and will be vital to your growth.

It's your time..... Dare you rule the world?

Game Outline

The Generals Uprising is the next gen in online text-based gaming, we plan to bring a fun to play, addictive experience for all types of players. The game will be mainly coded in Symfony 2 using PHP and Doctrine with a range of other languages to help bring all the features into place. The development of The Generals Uprising is not just about the fact that we are creating a fun game for people to play, we are creating a clean and solid structure that will allow us to build a solid system for further expansion once the game has been released.

We aim for never seen before features and an un-rivaled text-based game experience.

Current game features

• City Building: Building a city will be the main part to The Generals Uprising as after all, what is an empire without a city? We will give you real footage of your city in all it's glory with the ability to expand and upgrade your city. Get a new barracks, upgrade your farming, build a new town hall and witness your new buildings come to life, but that's not all, you've got to be ready to defend your city. Place archers on your walls, soldiers at your gates and always be prepared for way because who knows who could come knocking at your gates, ready to steal your gold.
  • Diplomacy: You can't survive on your own in this world find allies and set up diplomacy deals with them, create trading routes, attack together, share gold, share technologies and many more.
  • Armies: Build your army from the ground up and take them to war as you take out and capture other players cities.
  • Technologies: Be ahead of your enemies and learn the technologies before they do, giving you that advantage over them
  • Mission mode: Play out your storyline, your way. Mission mode offers hours of fun as you try to complete the mission mode, learning things, gaining allies and building your empire as you play through the missions as you what, make the choices that you want and you will see the effect that they play on your storyline with full comic book images to match your story.
  • And many many more....

• 4 months later...

Hi guys,

It's been quite sometime since I last posted anything on here! Due to be being extremely busy venturing into the new year this whole project has been on hold but I have now found someone to work along side me and will be picking back up the development of this with the game hopefully being ready in the latter stages of this year!

The game will now be using Laravel 5 instead of Symfony 2 but will still be heading in the exact same direction feature wise! Development of the sites functionality had officially started and I will be paying for the rest of the graphics design work that need's doing in the next two months, so from then there should be regular updates on the progress of The Generals Uprising!

Hi guys,

It's been quite sometime since I last posted anything on here! Due to be being extremely busy venturing into the new year this whole project has been on hold but I have now found someone to work along side me and will be picking back up the development of this with the game hopefully being ready in the latter stages of this year!

The game will now be using Laravel 5 instead of Symfony 2 but will still be heading in the exact same direction feature wise! Development of the sites functionality had officially started and I will be paying for the rest of the graphics design work that need's doing in the next two months, so from then there should be regular updates on the progress of The Generals Uprising!

What is laravel?

Laravel is a good framework and one I personally favour. I've recently started to create a basic OS engine with it as well!

It's my first time having used it, so I'll need some more time working with it to see exactly what I think of it but at my first glances it looks pretty neat!

• 10 months later...

After well over a year of first initially posting this topic, I will be looking to revive my ideas and begin to push this and have something ready within the next 3-6 months.

I am also potentially interested in working with a designer on this, if anyone is interested in partnering please let me know.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
After well over a year of first initially posting this topic, I will be looking to revive my ideas and begin to push this and have something ready within the next 3-6 months.

I am also potentially interested in working with a designer on this, if anyone is interested in partnering please let me know.

I wish you the best of luck, the project sounds like it could have a lot of potential.

I also really like the era/genre of the game, ancient Rome is an interesting period in human history.