MakeWebGames

Mafia V2

Hey all!

Recently started working on a game with an existing one, building it upon Laravel, Twig and Node amongst others, though I would post a WIP of the current design. Designed by our Illustrator and developed by me.

1WGzPUq.jpg

Stupid watermarks for the fact of it possibly getting stolen. It's the general layout, no pages have been designed as of yet.

Feedback appreciated :)

1WGzPUq.thumb.jpg.1492575e272ed56853331181bbae0e71.jpg

I like the design, but I think think the side bar is a bit cluttered. Other than that, it looks good. I'd have the main links between the "Latest News" and the date, so it is central to the viewer too.

Not sure I follow with the central viewer thing you mention?

Not sure I follow with the central viewer thing you mention?

what he means is that the user will come onto the page and see the main links in the centre of their screens, along that bar between the latest news and the date, it'll take links out of your menu so that its less full, and make some of the more important links easy to see and access

what he means is that the user will come onto the page and see the main links in the centre of their screens, along that bar between the latest news and the date, it'll take links out of your menu so that its less full, and make some of the more important links easy to see and access

Exactly what I meant.

I agree with [MENTION=69670]Script47[/MENTION] on this. The main links should be in between latest news and the date. There's plenty of empty space there to put at least a few main links there so that those are much easier to find for the users.

~G7470

On the top where the icons are they will be clickable and have timers.

He means put the links here, in the red box in the image in my attachment...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1768[/ATTACH]

The news post will be longer and will have a search bar somehow put in there, the icons at the top I mentioned would be clickable to the most popular actions.

I think you should post a new screen shot, to show us what you have now at the moment, you definitely need to do something about that menu. Whilst it might mean you have a lot of features, it's daunting and off putting for a new member, they'll look at it and be like "how am I ever gonna find out what these are or how to play this game properly"

Go through your menu and pick out the most important links. Put them into a menu. Take the ones you don't need and place them somewhere where they can be found easily enough but in a better lay out.

So for example you could move some links to your town page, it's just a matter of maybe thinking up a name relevant or you could just leave it as it is.

Your shopping for example can be moved to the town page

Edited by Coly010

Your lonnnggg menu on the right.

On the right?

I think you should post a new screen shot, to show us what you have now at the moment, you definitely need to do something about that menu. Whilst it might mean you have a lot of features, it's daunting and off putting for a new member, they'll look at it and be like "how am I ever gonna find out what these are or how to play this game properly"

Go through your menu and pick out the most important links. Put them into a menu. Take the ones you don't need and place them somewhere where they can be found easily enough but in a better lay out.

So for example you could move some links to your town page, it's just a matter of maybe thinking up a name relevant or you could just leave it as it is.

Your shopping for example can be moved to the town page

As this isn't based off any current available engine, I assume you got this idea from MCCodes? The current game has the same layout ish in terms of a wireframe, there is no need to go away from that too much as it will confuse people even more.

On the right?

As this isn't based off any current available engine, I assume you got this idea from MCCodes? The current game has the same layout ish in terms of a wireframe, there is no need to go away from that too much as it will confuse people even more.

[MENTION=64603]Sim[/MENTION] means the menu on the left i believe

no, i didnt get this idea from mccodes, not solely anyway. I've gotten this from the vast number of text based games i have both played and games I have seen to be successful. they do what they can to be minimalistic and simplistic, instead of bombarding the user with tons of information.

now I don't normally get annoyed with people on here, but you've posted a screenshot of something you have done, a few of us have offered criticisms and advice, and instead of listening to us and trying to see what you can do about it, your defending what you've done.

I don't mind people defending their work if 1.) its up to scratch, 2.) its only one or two people saying there is something wrong.

When a few people start saying that you have a certain problem, you don't defend what you've done, you take their criticism on board, as well as their advice and you improve what you have at the moment.

Your coming across as extremely stubborn, there is nothing wrong with splitting a menu up, even if you just implement Accordion. You need to do something about that menu though

[MENTION=64603]Sim[/MENTION] means the menu on the left i believe

no, i didnt get this idea from mccodes, not solely anyway. I've gotten this from the vast number of text based games i have both played and games I have seen to be successful. they do what they can to be minimalistic and simplistic, instead of bombarding the user with tons of information.

now I don't normally get annoyed with people on here, but you've posted a screenshot of something you have done, a few of us have offered criticisms and advice, and instead of listening to us and trying to see what you can do about it, your defending what you've done.

I don't mind people defending their work if 1.) its up to scratch, 2.) its only one or two people saying there is something wrong.

When a few people start saying that you have a certain problem, you don't defend what you've done, you take their criticism on board, as well as their advice and you improve what you have at the moment.

Your coming across as extremely stubborn, there is nothing wrong with splitting a menu up, even if you just implement Accordion. You need to do something about that menu though

By Accordian do you mean http://prntscr.com/5lx4yy if so it's already there.

I have taken everything said here on board, however I am also being realistic, we already have a game out with a fair few players, I was looking more for aesthetic feedback.

By Accordian do you mean http://prntscr.com/5lx4yy if so it's already there.

I have taken everything said here on board, however I am also being realistic, we already have a game out with a fair few players, I was looking more for aesthetic feedback.

hence why I asked you to post a more recent screenshot as this:

1WGzPUq.jpg

does not have accordion as far as I can see.

i know you were asking for aesthetic feedback, but that doesnt mean you arent gonna get other forms of feedback, all of which is helpful and useful. its like going to a shop and buying something, and they give you a bag, you might not have asked for a bag, but you get one anyway

hence why I asked you to post a more recent screenshot as this:

1WGzPUq.jpg

does not have accordion as far as I can see.

i know you were asking for aesthetic feedback, but that doesnt mean you arent gonna get other forms of feedback, all of which is helpful and useful. its like going to a shop and buying something, and they give you a bag, you might not have asked for a bag, but you get one anyway

I need to update it a little more before the next SS, currently the only new thing is arrows on the menu, I have a few more edits to do on the menu, redo the latest news bar and need to add player info somewhere.

From looking at the screenshot my only suggestions for where to put the player info, would be to add a third column or to get rid of the gun icons at one of the sides and replace it with a div for the info. You could even incorporate Accordion into that also.

Possibly indeed, we were discussing it earlier, possible moving the right hand side icons out then adding a box which overlaps so the box would be here http://prntscr.com/5lyzda, accordian is also an awesome idea, thinking more on the line of tabs with icons at the side. Cheers for that! :)