MakeWebGames

MAFIAEMPIRES ----- 3D WebGL MMORPG

elmario

It's extremely buggy. Signed up and then minutes after loading it starts panicking and frizzing everywhere. Minutes after that it disconnects me.

Working on it, the physics engine is too overkill, thanks for your feedback!

Took a while to build the world, probably my poor connection at work though, it got stuck on 97% for a long while in Safari so I switched over to Chrome.

The game looked pretty cool once it had loaded, until I fell through the floor and ended up floating around in what seemed to be space. Love the idea though!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1552[/ATTACH]

1678379493_ScreenShot2014-06-05at09_27_37.thumb.png.cf5f6e24ce4a7b8c6500f12e0f7ebd29.png

I think with a lot of work this could be a good game. However have you ever thought of taking it off the internet and making it an actual application game?

I think it being in browser makes it so much more attractive, means you don't have to download any potentially dodgy programs to play. One of Runescapes biggest selling features (even though Runescape kinda sucks)

I think it being in browser makes it so much more attractive, means you don't have to download any potentially dodgy programs to play. One of Runescapes biggest selling features (even though Runescape kinda sucks)

Runescape used to be good but went downhill rapidly when started adding crappy things (IMO). I just thought that it wouldn't be as slow as it wouldn't be using the clients internet connection. Rather the PC specs.

Runescape used to be good but went downhill rapidly when started adding crappy things (IMO). I just thought that it wouldn't be as slow as it wouldn't be using the clients internet connection. Rather the PC specs.

I agree, but it's premise of being browser based is a key feature I find

I think with a lot of work this could be a good game. However have you ever thought of taking it off the internet and making it an actual application game?

My intuition tells me that many 3D games will now be going browser based... I used to work with text RPGs, but the niche market for these is only getting smaller and smaller. If anyone wants to get on board just let me know over at: http://forum.mafiaempir.es I'm pretty open to competent partnerships, I'm based in London:

- 3D Artists

- Content Editors

- Forum Staff

- Game Staff

it's a fairly new project, and just me at the moment

Also in regards to Runescape - IMO it uses a very tired IP of medieval fantasy, I think a mafia RPG removes the "nerdy" aspect of an MMORPG allowing for a larger target audience.

Edited by elmario

Also in regards to Runescape - IMO it uses a very tired IP of medieval fantasy, I think a mafia RPG removes the "nerdy" aspect of an MMORPG allowing for a larger target audience.

Totally agree there! Was just stating part of it's success was due to being in browser