MakeWebGames

Monster Boss £3.00

So i have went and coded a module which will let users attack a boss the boss will be very hard to kill due to his huge health bar.

-- Files --

monster_config.sql

npc_monsters.sql

monster_info.sql

boss.php

---------------

In the monster config you can set

energy cost per attack.

monster id that you want to show if you have multiple bosses

lose cash

lose exp

survive cash

survive exp

kill cash

kill exp

hit cash

hit exp

Here are some screenshots

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1503[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1504[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1505[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1506[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1507[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1508[/ATTACH]

If you are interested in purchasing this module then please contact me on

[email protected] or

Edit: Forgot to say module is complete just needs some final touches added. There will be a staff panel as well for easy adding of bosses and edit of config file.

You can see a live demo on my developer site.

http://mcc.nonstopcoding.com/boss.php

Username: demo

Password: demo

Edit: Updated code to do a bug found by Veramis

screenshot1.thumb.png.0b4d51e8f376987a86885f22a89fae0d.png

screenshot2.thumb.png.52ff0df7d21ea2166e7038fa1ddb0f80.png

screenshot3.thumb.png.bafc6da2d1788fbf5f746e0183d58c29.png

screenshot4.thumb.png.81c3b87ee68255ee3e770ff92e559852.png

screenshot5.thumb.png.e6a9f1a436b90e50e1ca2dfe9f072eaf.png

screenshot6.thumb.png.c755ddff7af3e6a9cebc615d9d590709.png

Edited by NonStopCoding

Yeah it would work pretty well give players something to look forward too.

Could even have a little count down time on header

Next boss in (time)

Boss up click here to attack type thing

It's a good mod. Lots of possibilities for it.

And it's somthing new to mccodes aswell

really like the idea

yes there is no hospital time for the monster once attacked his hp will drop down by whatever damage you hit on him

it will however cost you energy if you decide to set that it costs anything in the config sql file

EDIT: If the boss has been killed 0 hp then of course it cant be attacked anymore until the hp is refilled or a new boss is set in the config file

Edited by NonStopCoding

i am going to be reworking the attacking part of this as its a bit messed up but keep the ideas coming ill see what i can do

so far the ideas are

Boss will spawn at xx.xx server time then every 3 hours after that. (0%)

countdown timer or a worldwide message to alert the players the boss has spawned.(0%)

fight points and a store to go with it to spend points.(0%)

could have a table in the boss called resettimer or something like that, so when boss hp = 0 it will insert a random number into that from say 120 to 240 (represents mins) then add a cron min to count this down

in header, something like if resettimer= < 60 then "new boss in mins left"

in the cron check for 5 mins left then re fill the bosses health,

Pay crystals for an attack boost on the boss (each attack you land does 5% more damage stacking upto 10 times 50% total) (this buff lasts for the duration that the boss is alive)

if the boss doesn't die after a set period of time, anyone that attacked it will be hospitalized for x ammount of time,

i am going to be reworking the attacking part of this as its a bit messed up but keep the ideas coming ill see what i can do

so far the ideas are

Boss will spawn at xx.xx server time then every 3 hours after that. (0%)

countdown timer or a worldwide message to alert the players the boss has spawned.(0%)

fight points and a store to go with it to spend points.(0%)

I'm going for the dislike [MENTION=70111]Jason-x[/MENTION] only because you say to use crons. Time stamps would be 10x better

There is nothing wrong with using crons. A cron could be more beneficial then a timestamp would be. It all depends on the job that needs done.. I'm sick of seeing everyone jumping on the timestamp bandwagon.. Would you use a timestamp that'd only be ran once a month? To do a backup?

I never use timestamp for big things...however for a small modification like this. It will be much more better for using timestamp. I know where Kyle is coming from. Cause using a cron on a small thing...I mean come on...

Removed to keep it clean

Edited by KyleMassacre
Keeping it clean but thanks for the support lol

There is nothing wrong with using crons. A cron could be more beneficial then a timestamp would be. It all depends on the job that needs done.. I'm sick of seeing everyone jumping on the timestamp bandwagon.. Would you use a timestamp that'd only be ran once a month? To do a backup?

Correct, crons can be beneficial but is a cron beneficial for this? For a huge task at hand using a cron job is great but not for editing a couple columns every minute. Use a timestamp and parse it in human readable form or use DATETIME as your column type. Since I'm pretty sure there would be a check in the script for something like if $row->time >= time() do this or vice verse` you can just do what you need there.

I dont see the problem of updating what needs to be updated when it needs to be updated instead of querying everything the check if it needs updating

Timestamp and crons are meant to be used for completely different things.

If you're counting down something in minutes, say a reset timer then a timestamp would be the better option.

Where as (like you've said) something like an automated backup would be done through a cron. Crons are meant to be used for scheduled events, just in McCodes someone decided to count down minutes using the crontab (bad bad idea).

The software utility cron is a time-based job scheduler in Unix-like computer operating systems. People who set up and maintain software environments use cron to schedule jobs (commands or shell scripts) to run periodically at fixed times, dates, or intervals. It typically automates system maintenance or administration—though its general-purpose nature makes it useful for things like connecting to the Internet and downloading email at regular intervals.[1] The name cron comes from the Greek word for time, χρόνος chronos.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cron

Correct, crons can be beneficial but is a cron beneficial for this? For a huge task at hand using a cron job is great but not for editing a couple columns every minute. Use a timestamp and parse it in human readable form or use DATETIME as your column type. Since I'm pretty sure there would be a check in the script for something like if $row->time >= time() do this or vice verse` you can just do what you need there.

I dont see the problem of updating what needs to be updated when it needs to be updated instead of querying everything the check if it needs updating

Yea MySQL handles datetime datatypes very well. You can easily write a query to add 15 mins to a date time, for example...

... blah SET field = DATE_ADD(NOW(), INTERVAL 15 MINUTE)

Edited by wrux
typo

Have not had much time last few days to do anything due to server move i got some work done tonight on the attack

New Features:

Upgraded 1 Click Attack System

Low Chance of getting x2 damage boost

Low Chance of getting x2 exp boost

Donators get a better chance at x2 exp and x2 damage

Reworked Exp Gain

Reworked Damage done

Removed Monsters Stats and gave the monster a random damage outcome

The demo is still down while i work out a few more things but should be ready for testing tomorrow.

• 4 months later...