MakeWebGames

User Mentions and other new features.

As the original thread has been closed, despite it being a thread to voice our opinions on the feature. *Yes @ColdBlooded I am looking at you *

For now, if there is any concerns with these new features. Please voice it out on this thread and don't forget to @tag me

Please voice your concerns and opinions on these new features, both good and bad.

Just keep it friendly. ( hint: @The Coder ) - Spaces may be an issue?

The tagging is interesting, but only time will tell if it provides valuable use to the forum as a whole.

My only concern is spam tagging ^see my The Coder above^

The thanks,likes,dislikes I somewhat like it follows suit of many other community-style sites.

New reputation features, I do like that now we have a way of seeing it without going through the mod/admin panels. Thanks CB for this.

Edited by Djkanna

It does look like spaces are posing an issue I guess especially since there is a member here named "The" lol

As for the spamming, that is what I tried to cover in my sticky and that it should really only be used if you need to get the persons attention and direct them to the thread.

It does look like spaces are posing an issue I guess especially since there is a member here named "The" lol

As for the spamming, that is what I tried to cover in my sticky and that it should really only be used if you need to get the persons attention and direct them to the thread.

Should be used as suggested, yes I agree and thanks for that thread by the way.

Will be used as suggested? doubt it.

I could tag everyone in this post, I believe only time and patience are the things preventing me from doing it? Unless there is some limitations that I don't know about?

This is the main concern I have for it, is there any precautions set against folks just tagging for no apparent reason, besides your guidelines.

Also would removing a tagged post ( IE: soft delete, or self-deleted posts ) remove the notification of tag to a tagged user?

I dont think there are really any limitations for it really besides maybe people getting irritated at all the mails that are sent.

Things that have been tested though is quotes do not re-tag anyone or add to the tag count but may we can test this further in a dummy thread?

• 1 year later...