MakeWebGames

[Shared Hosting] x3Hosts

x3hosts

Hello,

At x3Hosts we are offering shared hosting from $0.00 - $30.00 per month. We would love for you guys to be able to trial our services before you go ahead and buy a package from us, we are confident that you will enjoy our service!

We use cPanel for our control panel on our 16 GB dedicated server here is a run down on our server specs:

2 x Quad Core X5470 3.33Ghz

6 x SSD's 120 GB Kingston HyperX - RAID 10

Basic DDOS Protection

Our servers are located in the US - New York to be precise. We are already hosting a few MMORPG and would like to reach out to all the other game owners that would like a reliable hosting company to be with. Our up time is always 100% unless we have scheduled downtime - https://www.x3hosts.com/uptime.php

For new MMORPG games we would advise our customers to go for the "Small Pack" which includes:

2 Domains

1 GB Disk Space

5 GB Monthly Bandwidth

5 Email Accounts

1 MySQL Database

5 Sub Domains

Join our live chat to become one step closer to opening up your own MMORPG!

Thank you for reading this!

x3Hosts

URL: https://www.x3hosts.com

Edited by x3hosts

> Basic DDOS Protection

I don't understand. Does it help prevent (d)Dos attacks, or only when it feels like it?

We provide 10 gigabit DDOS Protection which will of course prevent small DDOS attacks, which is fairly basic as now attacks are getting a lot more common and stronger.

Can we have the opportunity to use SSH instead of cPanel? Unfortunately, we do not allow SSH.

What's your experience like in server management? We have 5 team members with at least 5+ years experience in server administration.

Edited by x3hosts

Can we have the opportunity to use SSH instead of cPanel? Unfortunately, we do not allow SSH.

You can enable SSH access through cPanel. It's not really an alternative. Jailed SSH provided by cPanel is secure as well.

Edited by Dave Macaulay

We prefer not to allow users to use SSH with the shared hosting packages.

Thanks.

Why not? If you're using any form of modern technology you'll need access to SSH to get things working.

Also it can be greatly beneficial when deploying and testing.

Why not? If you're using any form of modern technology you'll need access to SSH to get things working.

Also it can be greatly beneficial when deploying and testing.

Are you planning on buying a service? If you are we can look into this for you, we have not had a request from existing hosting customers *as yet* for SSH.

Also this post was aimed mainly for MMORPG customers which would not require SSH.

Edited by x3hosts

Are you planning on buying a service? If you are we can look into this for you, we have not had a request from other hosting customers *as yet* for SSH.

Also this post was aimed mainly for MMORPG customers which would not require SSH.

Why would MMORPG customers not require SSH?

For me, it's my (now) preferred way to interact with the server.

Why would you exactly need to interact with the server when coding a script for a MMORPG?

There are a number of reasons... I just prefer having that sort of access. Surely with any hosting company you should be adapting to your customers and not forcing them into something?

There are a number of reasons... I just prefer having that sort of access. Surely with any hosting company you should be adapting to your customers and not forcing them into something?

If you were a customer requesting this then we sure would be looking into this for you, to prevent any complications and other customers feeling threatened that other clients have SSH access would cause many issues, that is why we will only be providing this for dedicated hosting customers for now until we have fully trialed and error-ed the SSH access for shared hosting packages, I appreciate your interest in this and do apologize for any misunderstandings.

I myself try not to use SSH mainly because I'm afraid of it but a few developer friends of mine (Sniko being one of them) turn me on to SSH at times to do certain things. But some of the benefits I see come from SSH is:

For people on the go to perform server management they can just tap into it on their mobile device since there are clients now-a-days on phones.

1GB of HDD really isn't a lot since your giving out email accounts,DBs, domains, and subs.

Mall that stuff does tie into your allotted disk space which over some time can go rather quickly. Using SSH can take place of a cPanel, and PMA which in turn can give your clients more bang for their buck and use less resources as well

• 4 weeks later...

NEW PROMOTION JUST FOR MMORPG OWNERS!

Premium Pack

$25.00 P/M

1 Domain

Unmetered Disk Space

Unmetered Monthly Bandwidth

Unmetered Email Account

10 MySQL Databases

cPanel Administration

Unmetered Sub Domains

DDOS Protection

Get this now for $10 per month using promotion code: MMORPG

Alternatively join the live chat at https://www.x3hosts.com and we will help you with the order!