MakeWebGames

gpo26

Not trying to discredit you, however, just looking at the game and the current set-up, it will be real hard to gain new players, especially with the way games are going these days. These are some of the reasons why people move to selling their game. On top of that, taking a look at your screenshot and announcements within your game, you only gained 200$ in December when you were running a BOGOF offer, which means your earnings probably came early on in the game. This normally happens with text-based games such as this. So you really have to sit back and ask yourself, "Do you see yourself gaining 2,000$ in profit within the next year?". My answer would be most likely No.

If you were to only gain 200$ (before paypal and server fees) during a time you did a special, which tends to be a higher point in your selling days, then you are going to have a harder time hitting that number every month. On top of that, you got to include your expenses for the server and domain which will take in cost. Last point in regards to the revenue, since you just recently ran a BOGOF with some extra benefits you probably won't see any of those players purchasing any new packages for a while. The new owner will most likely either have to wait a little bit before they can start seeing those packages go away and new orders.

These are just some of my observations. Then again, it is your game, so you don't have to sell it for anything you don't want. I am just thinking realistically I don't see the value coming out of it down the line.

Am I mistaken with my pricing? From what I understand, websites are usually valued at what they've made over a period of 10 months (or the average of the last three months * 10). I thought this was common practice for buying and selling websites.

I don't understand why I'm getting so much flak for a somewhat reasonable price. Are you guys considering what's been thrown in?

App - $200

Advertising credit - $200

McCodes license - $100

McCodes modules - $45

30+ active users daily - ???

The recurring costs are:

LicensePal Cpanel License: -$14.95 month

Ramnode VPS hosting: -$10.20 month (I pay it yearly)

Domain: -$13.75 year (including whois protection)

I came here instead of Flippa because I thought you guys would find a bit more value in it besides the profit.

I thought it was common practice to use a VPS for these games. I don't think shared hosting can keep up with my traffic load.

Of course the buyer can always choose the hosting, I recommend VPS hosting, since it's what I use now.

I use shared hosting for most of my sites, one of my biggest sites, this month has so far since 13th December got 47k unique visitors, I highly doubt your site has much traffic in comparison, McCodes license goes for around $40 second hand.

I came here instead of Flippa because I thought you guys would find a bit more value in it besides the profit.

That's the point, I think. Most game owners here can program and therefore setup mccode, implement mods and code their own. So those parts aren't worth much. It's the userbase and their willingness to donate that would be worth something to me.

if you hired a developer for it I would have went all out and got a native app. I'm kind of put off by webview apps like those crappy ones that you can do online for free. On the flipside though, I have seen some pretty good webview apps though

That would cost a lot more. Webview apps are awesome. Lets you keep everything html, css, javascript - whatever you want, as long as it works in modern browsers.

ok the thing im saying is a full native app like fully built from Java and android sdk instead of a webview built on the sdk and the rest is pretty much a over rated iframe that just directs to a webpage and tries to act like a native app but it is ok i downloaded the app and it is a webview application

and as a quick edit just read your first post you paid $200 for a webview app you must have been smoking something that day seriously it is worth like $10 at most just for the app not $200

Edited by urbanmafia

ok the thing im saying is a full native app like fully built from Java and android sdk instead of a webview built on the sdk and the rest is pretty much a over rated iframe that just directs to a webpage and tries to act like a native app but it is ok i downloaded the app and it is a webview application

and as a quick edit just read your first post you paid $200 for a webview app you must have been smoking something that day seriously it is worth like $10 at most just for the app not $200

He's selling a game, not an app. The fact that the game is available as a webview app is just adding to the value.

And btw, there's no rule saying a webview app has to "try to act like a native app".

• gpo26 changed the title to .