MakeWebGames

My new layout, Not 100% finished yet

Jason-x

I've spent almost all day redoing my layout. (old layout was pretty much the stock one that comes with v2)

this is what i have so far, What do you guys think?

The right side won't be empty, that will contain a few things, weekly lotto jackpot etc and a few other bits and bobs

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1245[/ATTACH]

Edit, 26.12.2013

Done a bit of work on the layout tonight this is where i'm upto now

mouse over your username will trigger a js tooltip

5ZCoa.jpg

5ZBD7.jpg

5UfFd.thumb.png.258fd4a790fedbee06eb9a5832321a8d.png

Edited by Jason-x

To be honest it seems way to dark and non inviting. Most people are different and have different views of how they want a template to be, however, it just nothing special with way too much generic structure and very little toning. I don't get a gaming feel from it, more like a forum.

Peter does bring up some valid points. It is a bit dark, and I'm not the biggest fan of a table image. Just give your tables a bit of contrast and you should be good to go. Style up your submit buttons and your stat bars but don't go overboard on them. Just give them a fill instead of grey and black

Now for the pros. I do like the simplistic look to it and makes it look pretty clean. I will disagree with Peter on the feel and I can see mysepf playing a game that looks like that.

thanks, yesterday i was just doing the structure for it, today i'm adding a bit of color + the images,

i was going to do it using iframes but decided to use ajax - so basically everything in the header will self update, ie message count will go to (1) once you receive a message without having to refresh the whole page

also it re-sizes for different resolutions, just working out the final bugs in that part before i start making it look a bit more eye catching

Slick? No, ****. Not being harsh. Just being realistic.

You need to:

- Use your contrast of light and dark colors wisely.

- If you put a dark color, mix it up with another color like red. Red and black go nice.

- Too spaced out, some features like the stat bars blend in, whereas that can be a good thing, it can be a bad thing to, try making it stand out...

Rating: 1.9/10.

You need to:

- If you put a dark color, mix it up with another color like red. Red and black go nice.

- Too spaced out, some features like the stat bars blend in, whereas that can be a good thing, it can be a bad thing to, try making it stand out...

I agree with your points just not your rating and I know that you know its not realistic :p. Any who, If there is one thing a "dark" layout needs, it a pop of color. You want to keep theirs eyes on the content area. You have the right idea there though with the image for the table but its just too much and doesn't really flow well.

You have a lot of dark colors and black pretty much goes with anything so use your imagination.

My rating: 7/10

The table image just kills it for me. Everything else is there though

You need to:

"not 100% finished"

"thanks, yesterday i was just doing the structure for it, today i'm adding a bit of color + the images,"

Forgot to add this isnt a Psd this is the actual coded layout 90% ofit it css only used a few images

Edited by Jason-x

• 2 weeks later...