MakeWebGames

Best VPS/Dedicated Hosting??

URBANZ

Well currently i have my game running on my own hosted server from home but my ISP has had a problem with how much traffic im getting and asked me to remove the server from my home network im looking at either opting for a VPS it has got to have at least 4GB ram nothing less and at least 2 cores or a dedicated server 4GB+ ram dual core/quad core just posting to see if any of you have got any good hosting providers you can recommend and do not post shared hosting providers as i dont want any of that.

Budget: $0-$300(Month) - But i dont want free either lol

I use interserver and have had no issues with them at all and their support imho is pretty kickass. Their VPS plans start at $6/mo per slice and a little bit more if you want windows. But you can check it out here or if you wanted to be super cool and sign up you can use my referral link (I do get paid). For your requirements of a VPS, your looking at min. $48/mo.

Here are some dedi specs:

Intel Dual-Core Atom 1 GB 250 GB $39.00/mo.

Xeon E3-1230 16 GB 250 GB $139.00/mo.

2 x Six-Core E5-2620 8 GB 250 GB $310.00/mo.

It might not be an option at the moment, but if your traffic ever skyrockets I would go with RackSpace.com. You aren't going to find a better dedicated hosting provider.

Cronus and I used it on one of our old websites that was getting 10k+ unique visits a day and it ran like a dream. Of course we were paying like $500/month but it was worth it.

Back when we used them they had hosting packages, but now it looks like they work more closely with their clients and customize the hosting to their individual needs.

edit - looking closer i do see that they have a hosting package option starting at $499/mo lol

Edited by Arson

• 1 month later...