MakeWebGames

Mini Bulletin

Script47

Well today I am officially releasing Mini Bulletin, as I think it's finished. This has been my first big project at this level so hopefully people will take in to consideration before trying to flame my ass! :p I didn't know where to put this thread so I just put it here, sorry if I put it in the wrong place.

What is Mini Bulletin?

Mini Bulletin is a out of the box blogger/bulletin board. You don't need any previous programming knowledge, you simply setup the database connection and run the installer and you will be away!

What languages is Mini Bulletin Written in?

Currently: PHP/PDO/HTML/CSS/JS

What is the point of Mini Bulletin

Well Mini Bulletin was a private project only meant to be for me, but in the end I decided to make it available for people to use. Mini Bulletin V1 (current release) is opensource so feel free to rip apart etc. I must point out I suck at CSS so hopefully in future releases it will be better!

I have set up my version of Mini Bulletin on my personal site, that site was made for people to post improvements, feedback, bugs etc. So if you do find anything post on that site. As I have said this is my first big project, so please give me some constructive feedback and not just a pile of things I've not wrong. :)

Special Thanks To

• Nick
  • Sniko
  • Jamiee

Follow me on Twitter

Download: Mini Bulletin Official Site

If you can't access the site, please be patient as I am trying to out the hosting, but as I'm typing it it seems to be accessible with no issues. :)

Feel free to ask me any questions here or on my site. I will hopefully gladly answer.

Thanks in advance for any support.

Edited by Script47

$getUser = $PDO->query("SELECT user_level FROM `users");
$getRow = $getUser->fetch(PDO::FETCH_ASSOC);

Error in your syntax and no where clause.

apanel.php

I am not going through all the code just a few files.

You cannot copyright a name. To protect names you need a trademark (which is not free).

Copyright © miniBB.com 2001-2013. All rights reserved.

miniBB® is registered trademark in the United States. U.S.P.T.O. Reg.No. 3,297,743.

- The copyright is for the code, or the content of the site.

- A patent covers the logic / process / formula

- A trademark covers the name.

Copyrights are the only one free, and are world wide (beside a few odd countries)

Patent and trademark are per country. So if you register miniBB on the states it doesn't mean I cannot use it for example in Switzerland for the same kind of service / item.

Anyhow, it's indeed not a smart idea to use a trademarked or the same name of an existing product ;)

- The copyright is for the code, or the content of the site.

- A patent covers the logic / process / formula

- A trademark covers the name.

Copyrights are the only one free, and are world wide (beside a few odd countries)

Patent and trademark are per country. So if you register miniBB on the states it doesn't mean I cannot use it for example in Switzerland for the same kind of service / item.

Anyhow, it's indeed not a smart idea to use a trademarked or the same name of an existing product ;)

Ah right, yeah I changed it all. Thanks for the info though. :)

Fatal error: Call to a member function query() on a non-object in /home/a6415728/public_html/MiniBulletin/articles.php on line 290

Editing an Article - On that note, should a newly created user have those options ( edit/delete article ) available?

Account: DemoAccount - demodemo

is there going to be plans for a template system anytime soon?

Currently no, in the future hopefully. Right now I'm trying to implement some JQuery to make it better. The template system will take some time as I am quite terrible at design as you can tell lol.

Fatal error: Call to a member function query() on a non-object in /home/a6415728/public_html/MiniBulletin/articles.php on line 290

Editing an Article - On that note, should a newly created user have those options ( edit/delete article ) available?

Account: DemoAccount - demodemo

Seems when I was changing stuff earlier I broke some of the code. Fixed now and the download file has been updated too. Also, only staff should be allowed to do that, please check and tell me if those links are still showing please. Thanks for that DJK.

Edited by Script47

Currently no, in the future hopefully. Right now I'm trying to implement some JQuery to make it better. The template system will take some time as I am quite terrible at design as you can tell lol.

Seems when I was changing stuff earlier I broke some of the code. Fixed now and the download file has been updated too. Also, only staff should be allowed to do that, please check and tell me if those links are still showing please. Thanks for that DJK.

Being a good designer has nothing to do with creating a template system :s

And being a good website owner has nothing to do with having a broken link in your signature, but....

Are comments like this necessary?

How do I have a broken link in my signature? And I also never claimed to be a "good website owner" as you put it.

• 2 weeks later...