MakeWebGames

[In Production] Games Update Page [In Production]

[In Production] Games Update Page [In Production]  

4 members have voted

1. 1. [In Production] Games Update Page [In Production]

• Staff Side
    • Admin Quick Links

Hi, so after a long and very insightful talk with Berty today, I decided to start of creating modules for NWE as well as MCC, but hopefully I will now be working more on NWE. So I am still getting grips with NWE but I have decided to start coding up a little some thing. It's a game updates page. Where game admins can post updates and users can check them out. I have several ideas ongoing in my head, but for now I just want to keep thing simple. Below I have images of what I have done so far, tell me any improvements and good points ;). Feel free to pitch any ideas.

Also underneath you will find what each version will include when the next ETA for update will be (if there will be). Also when mod is authorised, please post any bugs here for me to check out.

Is there any point in me adding a profanity filter? Please post below your answers. :)

Cool! Even if you could have left the default admin edit table tool and save you some time ;)

Another thing you could add is to let the players mark the news as read.

Something like this? Once they click on it, the count will go to zero.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1092[/ATTACH]

I have decided to make a staff side adding updates, also a bonus to remove all the updates with one click. However the editing of updates has to be done through the Admin Quick Links. Also I have deleting a single update is not possible.

[Version: 1.0.0] (Old, the code has been heavily modified since this version, in many different ways.)

• Staff side adding new updates
  • Users being able to see updates (Duh) :D

Module uploaded. Your module will now be reviewed by our staff.

Module Released!

User Side Page Image: (Old)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1083[/ATTACH]

Staff Side Created:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1084[/ATTACH]

New User Side Page:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1085[/ATTACH]

37848612_Game_Updates1.thumb.jpg.845da1313535420953232ce84819f9ae.jpg

1919508027_Game_Updates2.thumb.jpg.13f2dee3d5194c01ecae55f63764b73d.jpg

895782012_Game_Updates3.thumb.jpg.c63367c409202ed779c474b18547d9af.jpg

1269185773_Game_Updates8.thumb.jpg.bac10c5ebaa7ed2db4cedef666f2bc05.jpg

Edited by Script47
Added NW-Engine Site Message

Cool! Even if you could have left the default admin edit table tool and save you some time ;)

Another thing you could add is to let the players mark the news as read.

True, but seeing as it's my first mod, I wanted to set a good impression! ;) Also the second idea seems quite good, but right now I've stopped making it, it's all ready, but I can't tweak it as my server is messed up. :(

Why not develop on your own PC with xampp, wampp or whatever? It's a nonsense to use a remote server while developing in my opinion.

I am using EasyPHP, however it seems to have some problems.

Happy to see yet more people picking NWE up. :)

The mod looks good. Maybe have a thread in the forums or a simple feature so people can comment (assuming it's enabled on that news post) on the news?

Sadly I don't have full version for the forums, as I did talk about this with KyleMass who already suggested this idea, but thanks for giving an idea mate. :)

Edited by Script47

I am using EasyPHP, however it seems to have some problems.

Sadly I don't have full version for the forums, as I did talk about this with KyleMass who already suggested this idea, but thanks for giving an idea mate. :)

I've never used EasyPHP before, but if it's giving you problems switch to xampp.

I like the new screenshot. :)

I've never used EasyPHP before, but if it's giving you problems switch to xampp.

I like the new screenshot. :)

Thanks, and I really should do as the page is taking so long to refresh, I dunno why it's happening suddenly, it was fine all these other days. Must be NWE! :p

• 4 months later...