MakeWebGames

For Sale - District Wars

Seker

if i had $5k+ spare i would bid, you could make you money back in 3-6 months.

How much of the 1,700 is from one person ie i can see someone donated $516 in one go

To date, we have had a total of 59 Donators, with wildly fluctuated amounts. The Credit system in place means players can spend only a few dollars if that's all they have. Since switching to purchasing the Credits, as opposed to individual Donator Packs, the amount of Donators has definitely increased.

Comparing a game making a reported $640 a month to a game making over $1,700 a month. Right.

The price tag is extremely generous. Verified analytics show only about 7% of traffic coming from searches.

With real advertising, membership could explode.

Personally, I know nothing about advertising and I'm full tilt into my next project, so I'm only interested in making the sale. Otherwise, you can be sure a much more in depth-valuation would have taken place.

It could also go the other way. I've seen new games build a large donation pot in the first year then get sold on only for the members to leave. It's always the risk with donation based income. I understand it's your hard work you're trying to sell, but you also need to understand more then generated income should be taken into account. For example if the new owner could keep that income consistent.

To date, we have had a total of 59 Donators, with wildly fluctuated amounts. The Credit system in place means players can spend only a few dollars if that's all they have. Since switching to purchasing the Credits, as opposed to individual Donator Packs, the amount of Donators has definitely increased.

What's the average donation, and is that in any way inflated by one or two larger donors? I would also be interested in monthly averages.

It could also go the other way. I've seen new games build a large donation pot in the first year then get sold on only for the members to leave. It's always the risk with donation based income. I understand it's your hard work you're trying to sell, but you also need to understand more then generated income should be taken into account. For example if the new owner could keep that income consistent.

It could quite easily be argued that, if the new owner doesn't have the ability to keep the game maintained and active, and players donating, said new owner probably shouldn't have purchased the game.

What's the average donation, and is that in any way inflated by one or two larger donors? I would also be interested in monthly averages.

The amount will always be inflated by large donors. However, the larger donors on DW also happen to be the ones who donate the most frequently.

Month by month averages are quite different than the actual "average."

$18.5k over 12 months = Roughly $1,500 per month.

On an actual month by month basis, it can fluctuate wildly due to many factors. For one, we're crawling out of the summer slump. Everyone's heading back to school and work, so activity will be increasing, whereas the opposite effect can be said about the previous two - three months due to vacationers and the like.

• 6 months later...

Reopening this thread. DW is back for sale. Asking price is $8,000. The upped price is due to an increase in donator activity over the past couple months.

Only serious buyers need inquire. I'm coming here before Flippa because I've had bad experiences with people backing out there and here, at least, everyone knows what they're getting into as far as working on a game.

Daily players is sitting roughly around 30. No time or expertise to put into advertising. With a little effort, you could easily triple that number.

Have had good experience with Facebook ads. District Wars is fully integrated as a Facebook app, complete with sharing options.

I'll happily provide screenshots of PayPal and in game Donation logs to any serious buyers.

With purchase, you'll get the contents of the server, the domain, and the Facebook page and app rights.

Total purchases made in the last three months: $4,421

As I said, with a little effort in advertising and staying on top of player interests, you can easily make your money back and then some in just a couple months.

Message me to discuss it.

• 2 weeks later...

DW is still very much for sale and the price is open to negotiation. Just come with a reasonable offer.

Some basic stats -

Total Earned - $25,967

Total Accounts - 2,213

Huge potential for growth is still there.

As far as advertising, just $25 or so into Facebook ads can net you 20+ signups, so there's a lot that could be done.