MakeWebGames

EndOfTimz game review

lightning

Ok this is a review i was asked to do

before i start i wouldn't put a video on it, especially one made with imovie which is **** and unstable quality.

plus you took a picture of a ton of different people which is illegal without permision.

To point out the obvious

i would personally prefer to play a game which has the name EndOfTime or EndOfTimes than the title and url it has but thats just me.

Validation is good with the option to cancel the account and possibly start fresh, but the downside it emails username and pass with email so that causes problems sometimes.

when logging in it give a usefull notification which shows whether you are infected or not, but once you click off then back on it gives a mysql error

QUERY ERROR: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '=id' at line 1
Query was SELECT * FROM property_mod WHERE =id

The explore.php page is quite nice a very "original" feel to it.

The game uses zombie heads, i thought this game was about cannibals but i guess not.

NO STARTING CASH which is a big deal to new players as they cant do very well at the start.

also the searching isnt very good, yes i know it is fancy but has no point, i know its just in progress so it wont be amazing, you should think about adding in cash and stuff when searching if that is the aim of it.

all in all good coding before release just fix up a few things and the game will flourish.

many thanks

lightning

Thank you both for your reviews

As I said its not 100% finished and all needs to be checked thoroughly

The reason behind the forum ban was purely because of trolls being signed up and flooding the forums but I will look at another way of how I can do that

And again thanks for taking the time out to review my game in progress

Ben

Thank you both for your reviews

As I said its not 100% finished and all needs to be checked thoroughly

The reason behind the forum ban was purely because of trolls being signed up and flooding the forums but I will look at another way of how I can do that

And again thanks for taking the time out to review my game in progress

Ben

I personally think adding a function in which makes sure they can only post ever 10-15 seconds, this will help slow down their process and help you ban them before it get's too bad.

ON SIGNUP :

our email has just been used to register an account on End Of Timez.

To validate your account, copy and paste this into your browser's address bar: blah blah blah etc...

clicked it ....directed to :

Murder Country

You have signed up, enjoy the game.

> Login

o.O....might wanna change the name of the game there...possibly...perhaps....:D

INDEX PAGE :

global

QUERY ERROR: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '=id' at line 1

MAILBOX : SENT MESSAGES

As i have no sent mails the footer bar (white bar text reg users /queries etc) is in the center of screen spanning out of content area with large overlaps into background.

Edited by microsocket

Ok this is a review i was asked to do

before i start i wouldn't put a video on it, especially one made with imovie which is **** and unstable quality.

plus you took a picture of a ton of different people which is illegal without permision.

To point out the obvious

i would personally prefer to play a game which has the name EndOfTime or EndOfTimes than the title and url it has but thats just me.

Validation is good with the option to cancel the account and possibly start fresh, but the downside it emails username and pass with email so that causes problems sometimes.

when logging in it give a usefull notification which shows whether you are infected or not, but once you click off then back on it gives a mysql error

The explore.php page is quite nice a very "original" feel to it.

The game uses zombie heads, i thought this game was about cannibals but i guess not.

NO STARTING CASH which is a big deal to new players as they cant do very well at the start.

also the searching isnt very good, yes i know it is fancy but has no point, i know its just in progress so it wont be amazing, you should think about adding in cash and stuff when searching if that is the aim of it.

all in all good coding before release just fix up a few things and the game will flourish.

many thanks

lightning

I'm the co-owner of this game and have done a big proportion of the development and design.

I appreciate your review Lightning, but I would have to disagree on a few of your statements.

The video is purely something I did to add a bit more personally to the game, it's not meant to be amazing and I think you'd be hard pushed to find many other MC Codes games that have had the amount of effort put into them as ours.

The picture taken for the splash page was taken by myself whilst in Milan, nobody in the picture is recognisable and even if they were I am completely within my rights to take pictures in a public place and use them for no profit projects.

The game title has a Z at the end of it just to tie into the zombie theme, it was our assumption that the zombie theme was pretty obvious but maybe we need to work on highlighting that a little better.

The search location page is still in development and still needs an explanation for it's purpose. Basically there is a place on that picture that isn't highlighted, that you can click and you gain items and weapons from doing this. Like i said it still needs some work and a bit of an explanation to make it effective.

Again we do appreciate the reviews but just wanted to clear up some of those bits mentioned.

Thanks mate, definitely come back in a few weeks and hopefully you'll see some improvements

Well all are fine but no not really. You cannot take photos of peopld without permission. Pkus this video made sucks. But the game is kinda fine

Actually lightning you can take pictures with out any ones permission. If that was the case celebs would be sewing every news paper every magazine and every photographer that snapped a pic of them. If you are in a public place you can take pics of anyone you want.

And when did YOU come back?

I've been back for about a week now. Came back a few months ago but had to travel for work, Lost my mom a month ago and now just getting back into the swing of things :D. I purchased a copy of NWE and thinking of making a game out of it..

Sorry for going off topic Guys..

Well all are fine but no not really. You cannot take photos of peopld without permission. Pkus this video made sucks. But the game is kinda fine

Public place, perfectly legal.

Also video is actually pretty good.

Unsure about the game like, but the landing page = decent.