MakeWebGames

Minimum Shop(s)/Items Before you release your game

Sim

So what does everyone think? How is the bare minimum your game should have?

How many items should your game have?

How many shops should your game have?

I think a game should have around 5 - 10 shop's with at least 400 items.

way to many you need to start off small to many thing overwhelming if you introduce things slowly like start with 2-3 shops maybe 20-40 items anymore is just overkill at the beginning players like to see new stuff added or they will get bored quick instead of it already being there

way to many you need to start off small to many thing overwhelming if you introduce things slowly like start with 2-3 shops maybe 20-40 items anymore is just overkill at the beginning players like to see new stuff added or they will get bored quick instead of it already being there

i think that would be fine for a simple mafia game. but if a game has skills, classes, bosses ect you will have to have alot of items and shops.

Well, I have 3 shops and about 75 items for now. Plan on adding another 75 as the game progress. I think unless it's a fantasy game, game items should be realistic and what I noticed from most games is that they aren't. People tend to forget the realism of the game by trying to find new items to add. I say, if there is a purpose and makes sense, then add it. If not, then don't.