MakeWebGames

ezRPG Community Development

JakeB

ezRPG is now allowing it's members to take part in development of the engine.

To contribute to the ezRPG project just follow these simple steps:

1. Fork the project (http://github.com/ezrpg/ezrpg)

2. Make your changes, and push them to your forked repository

3. Send a pull request with your changes

4. We will review your changes, and accept them if they fix the problem without causing any problems

Well... Here I don't agree, not all run with "new" versions of PHP. Actually if you run on older Cent OS or old Redhat based distro you could still have PHP 5.1, so always running for the latest and greatest may cut you out of some. Yet I would say MySQLi is a must, and old MySQL is really to be avoided. But that's personal opinion.

Well... Here I don't agree, not all run with "new" versions of PHP. Actually if you run on older Cent OS or old Redhat based distro you could still have PHP 5.1, so always running for the latest and greatest may cut you out of some. Yet I would say MySQLi is a must, and old MySQL is really to be avoided. But that's personal opinion.

Perhaps they do, but still I don't see a reason why to keep the development in the "back" when we can put it forward!

Even the last CentOs major shipped with PHP 5.3.2(/3?). The industry standard is PHP 5.3.3.

ext/mysql is the devils work. It's bad on so many levels, I'm not going to explain.

Furthermore, procedural ext/mysqli is going to be dropped from PHP in the near future.

PHP is aiming for Pdo, and rightfully so, it does have a better abstraction layer for using multiple adapters(DBMS').

Shared hostings can not update there PHP version ;)

Only with VPS/Dedicated servers.

So better to keep mysql in it.

That's not true at all, contact your host they can normally enable certain versions for your account.