MakeWebGames

Responsive design?

dnenb

you may be able to make your existing design responsive it wont look 100% perfect but would be alot better for mobile use

But to do it properly you would have to do it through out the game the project im working on now ive just recoded the layout for this reason so i dont have to do it later

Edited by Dayo

• 1 year later...

Thanks for the feedback Dayo (and sorry for the late answer). I'm considering doing it myself, but I'm not a skilled designer so the outcome would probably not be worth the time I have to put into it. Could argue that whatever I learn would be worth it, but I don't see myself designing a lot of websites in the future :P

Still looking for someone to design a responsive mafia-theme for me. Paid work, of course.

It's typically better to design from mobile up. Scaling a desktop website down may cause too many issues. If you start by building the mobile version and scaling it up, you'd run into less problems.

Using front end frameworks are always helpful

It's typically better to design from mobile up. Scaling a desktop website down may cause too many issues. If you start by building the mobile version and scaling it up, you'd run into less problems.

From what I've read I agree to that :) But I'll let that be up to the designer.

Edited by dnenb

I find designing from mobile up a real pain. Generally I just design the desktop version with responsive in mind in some form of grid.

There's a good chance your current layout could easily become responsive.

There's a good chance your current layout could easily become responsive.

Maybe with better photoshop-skills than I have. My current designs (I actually have one fixed-width for mobile and one fixed-width for browser) use some fixed-length images that are hard to make look good when stretching/continuing on wider screens. Therefore I judge the time I'd have to spend on getting a good enough result not worth it compared to what I have to pay for a responsive design.