MakeWebGames

Referals??

newttster

I've looked and as far as I have seen ... no one has solved this yet. Is there anyone that has figured out how to get the referals to work? This is the code that I have for all the referal stuff.

register.php info

$_POST['ref'] = (isset($_POST['ref']) && is_numeric($_POST['ref'])) ? abs(intval($_POST['ref'])) : '';
       $IP = $db->escape($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']);
       if ($_POST['ref'] > 0)
       {
           $q = $db->query("SELECT `lastip` FROM `users` WHERE `userid` = {$_POST['ref']}");
           if ($db->num_rows($q) == 0)
           {
               echo "Referrer does not exist.<br />
			> <a href='register.php'>Back</a>";
               exit;
           }
           $rem_IP = $db->fetch_row($q);
           if ($rem_IP == $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'])
           {
               echo "No creating referral multies.<br />
			> <a href='register.php'>Back</a>";
               exit;
           }
       }

if ($_POST['ref'])
	{
           $db->query("UPDATE `users` SET `crystals` = `crystals` + 200 WHERE `userid` = {$_POST['ref']}");
           event_add($_POST['ref'], "For refering $username to the game, you have earned 200 valuable crystals!", $c);
		$e_rip = $db->escape($rem_IP);
           $db->query("INSERT INTO `referals` VALUES(NULL, {$_POST['ref']}, $i, unix_timestamp(), '{$e_rip}', '$IP')");
       }

<input type=hidden name=ref value='
		<?php
			$_GET['REF'] = abs((int) $_GET['REF']);
			if($_GET['REF']) { print $_GET['REF']; }
		?>
		' />

And yes ... on the explore.php file it is set up as

http://www.XXXXX/register.php?REF=#
Edited by newttster

I believe its case sensitive. In one query you have ref and in another you have REF try making them the same but I am not 100% certain

You're correct.

@OP

Change:

$_POST['ref'] = (isset($_POST['ref']) && is_numeric($_POST['ref'])) ? abs(intval($_POST['ref'])) : '';

To

$_POST['ref'] = (isset($_POST['REF']) && is_numeric($_POST['REF'])) ? abs(intval($_POST['REF'])) : '';

You're correct.

@OP

Change:

To

$_POST['ref'] = (isset($_POST['REF']) && is_numeric($_POST['REF'])) ? abs(intval($_POST['REF'])) : '';

The form is lowercase only the the GET is upper-case in line with what the referral URL is.

I'll be honest ... I've tried changing them all to REF ... changing them to ref ... a mix of both and nothing has worked. This is one thing that has been driving me nuts about the register.php file. The one thing that I don't understand is how the $_POST['ref'] is supposed to be getting the information from the $_GET['REF'].

Gotcha. I just saw that and it makes sense. Was so caught up in the REF / ref that I didn't pay attention to the name. *facepalms*

No ... nothing is inserted into the db, there is no event stating that so and so signed up with their referal.Nothing is awarded to the referrer. Nothing. The rest of the register.php file works correctly. Even the promo code works fine.

Edited by newttster