MakeWebGames

New free advanced player report

Sam Fisher

Hey MWG!

Here i come with another free mod.I have decided to make and give away all the paid mods which are not worth of the charged money for free.

Today i came up with am advanced report system in which the user can report a player,a staff,a bug or suggest an idea to the admin

This mod come with a staff page which can be accessed only by the admin and they have to mark the report as "read" if they read it or if the report is solved or fixed than they can mark it as solved or fixed.The users of the game can view all the reports that are reported and can see weather the report is read by the admin or solved.This gives the user an idea of how the admins of the games are responding to the reports of the users.

Open your "mainmenu.php" and search for

You're unable to view this code.

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

and above that add the following code

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

Now you can close your "mainmenu.php" file and now you have to open your" smenu.php" to add the link of the staff page of this mod to the main menu of the staff panel.

Now search for

and above it add the following code

Now you have to create two files and upload it to your game server.So lets start with the main and the first file that is "report_center.php".

Now add the following code in "report_center.php"

Now save your "report_center.php" and close it.

Lets create the staff file which you have to name it as "staff_reports.php" and than add the following code

now you guys have to save and clode your "staff_reports.php" and run the following SQL

And than you guys are done with the mod.

I have just realized that the PHP tag in this forum dont read the <br /> tag.I am going to upload the mod to McCodes.com and maybe till tomorow it will be shown in the list because the admin have to pass the mod.

Please forgive me if you find any bug.If you need any kind of help with any of my free or paid mod than you can freely contact me and ask for help.

Hope you guys find it usefull

Thank you,

-Sam Fisher

Just a question.

• Why have brainfile have a data-type of array, and not use it?
  • _GET['view'] == 4 [...blah blah blah ...], why not use a switch statement?
  • Might want to make your auto_increment to equal 1
  • You don't need r_type to have INT(11), wasting memory
  • Possibly some sort of indentation, and comments throughout?

Also is all this necessary?

global $db, $ir, $c, $h, $userid, $set, $_CONFIG;

I.could be blind but all I see is $db and none of the others very much anywhere especially in the staff file

I actually started studing the Mccodes engine recently and so i thought all those variables might come in handy but they dint.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

vs.

Rocket science its not. Code should be cruft-free, clean, indented, and ideally elegant. (I'll assuming working is a priority), however even this replacement is not safe.

would be a wiser alternative assuming an up-to-date PHP version (5.3.0+)

I have never seen something like this before so sorry for being a scrub but is it common practice to have an empty array for almost every variable? And why mres a number? If your using php > 5.2 filter_var() works pretty good from what I have seen and much easier to use