MakeWebGames

Development Platforms

C.B

I've been looking into developing a simple game, are there many rails developers on here?

As soon as the new TLDs start getting rolled out i may have a game to show. For now I have a simple game platform which i will be slowly implementing more features. Is there any demand for text based games any more? I used to play torncity and there seems like theres a lot of people playing the game.

Would it be a good idea to develop a new game? Would you play it?

It may be more beneficial to have stand-alone native apps that interact with your game, for IOS/Android.

(But then again, despite the whole mobile first frenzy, it doesn't mean you have to follow suit.)

Though still keep in mind a mixture of <caution buzzwords ahead> Adaptive Design and Responsive Design, for every other device being used.

Well rails has great JSON implementation so any AJAX would be relatively straight forward (in theory), however for development sake the first stage would be to create a solid platform..

Currently i'm working on creating some sort of system to increment vitals using a before filter. I used to develop MCCodes and the cronjob system was a joke