MakeWebGames

Getting Traffic, only 1 signup

mrhat187

Hey guys just wondering how everyone else works, so I have some ad campaigns running (haven't done SEO in alteast 15 years) I see I'm getting clicks, and I have 1 signup (only been ad running for 2 days) just wondering how everyone else does, how long before you had an active crowd, if you ever got an active crowd. Love to hear some thoughts on this.

There are many things to consider here, why they are not registering.

Do you have Google Analytics setup on your page?

The reason I asked is, you can get better information regarding the user's visiting your website, such as, perhaps they got advertised on the wrong place and another language website is trying to access it, and if they don't understand English, they will leave.

Also, maybe they are mobile user's, and they can't view your website on their mobile, so there you need a mobile version.

But, what if your intro page to the website just lacks detail?

Post a url, and maybe get some comments from other users.

You got an NWE game up and running? Using the engine as is, or made customizations?

Think I would have limited success with relying on SEO for this kind of site. Im gonna throw some money at when first starting, and hope I make it unique and fun enough for word of mouth to carry the heavy load on marketing. I think people are hesitant on starting to play if there are few players.

ad campaign: count around 5$ per registration, that shall give you an idea how much it cost you ;)

Yeah its not very cheap, I have come across cheaper places but you get what you pay for. The place I did was about $1 per action on average.

You may as well stick to your own thing and market it the best you can yourself its much cheaper.

But on that note and I know this isnt the place but pretty relevant, in about a weeks time my topsite will/should be up so you can try that type of thing too.

ad campaign: count around 5$ per registration, that shall give you an idea how much it cost you ;)

Sorry to say this to you, but then you have no good sense for advertising.

For deadlyhustle.com awhile back, we were paying weekly $50 for 3k signups a day, 1k of those 3k stayed atleast active. Its the incentive you offer when advertising, where to advertise is also a big thing. Offer your advertised people a promo, it will attract them more.

It's not question of attracting but converting the "click on the banner" to an actual registration. You may very well make a home page without any info, just some nice art, and people will register just to check what it is, but then right away leave the game. My 5$ a registration is somebody which click on the banner, register an account, and stay for a little while (like reach level 3 on NEaB). Otherwise for me it's not a useful visit, as they saw nothing. Good for you if you got 3k signup a day with only 50$ a week of ad, even if I have really really and hard time to believe it, would be an amazing success.