MakeWebGames

Opinons on my Latest layout

stevenrfc

Hello,

I've been really busy due to college but I managed to get quite alot done last night(Didn't sleep xD). I've managed to come up with a whole front end layout for a project I was starting.

The whole layout took me around 9 hours on total (The mascot took me 7 lol).

Cnc is always appreciated, thank you :)

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/329/9/7/mafia_redemption_layout_by_kinetic9074-d5m3668.png

Edited by stevenrfc

Its actually not bad. Color scheme is great. The shadow on the enter text needs some tweaking. Simple, clean, crisp. And if your looking to make it even more detailed I would recommend doing something with the upper navigation like buttons for each page and maybe something special for the description part of the login. Looks good though.

Here we go.

- I believe the font size is quite small. What size is it? Try 16px. http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2011/10/07/16-pixels-body-copy-anything-less-costly-mistake/

- The content section is boring. There's nothing fancy there. And in my opinion a bit to minimalistic. How about a sidebar, some boxes etc.

- Make some sort (sub?)-navigation below the header, I would personally be annoyed If I had to move the mouse that far just to navigate throughout the game.

- Use less gradient on the input fields, and change the drop-shadow on the text "Enter", either put the opacity down or move the shadows.

- make something useful out of the footer, why else have it? Here's my reasons why: http://www.webdesignerdepot.com/2010/03/how-to-build-a-footer-that-doesn%E2%80%99t-stink/

- i agree with the registration part, make it more "visible", or attractive, make us want to push our feets together and go for that registration - make a god damn button! :D Or some cool avatar dude, telling us to get registered already!

Overall I think it's quite a decent piece of art you've done, could need some improvements (shadows etc) but that's not my area.

Cheers everyone

Yeah i wasn't sure about the shadow on the enter text, I just couldnt seem to get it right lol.

And the register button, I nwill definitely make that a bit more noticeable

Text size is quite small, I might make that a bit bigger :S

For the inside navigation, yeah it will be below the header :)

Thank you

I will definitely mess about with it some more :)

Cheers everyone

Yeah i wasn't sure about the shadow on the enter text, I just couldnt seem to get it right lol.

And the register button, I nwill definitely make that a bit more noticeable

Text size is quite small, I might make that a bit bigger :S

For the inside navigation, yeah it will be below the header :)

Thank you

I will definitely mess about with it some more :)